This is really difficult to explain

Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/22/11 2:53 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/22/11 2:53 PM

This is really difficult to explain

Hi,

Each and every perception you have, of whatever it is, maybe just the thing you are looking at right now.

Your perception of that is based on a feeling.

Not a feeling you know as fear, not an emotion you know as love.

But if you take all your feelings and emotions away, the color black looks a certain way to you. That is based on the feeling of black.

Imagine, with your eyes closed, something black. Notice how you perceive it. It is your personal perception of black

Open your eyes. Refocus.

Then close your eyes again and focus on black. There is this feeling that makes up the perception of black.

Look around, find a lamp. There is a feeling/are feelings that make you see the lamp as you see it.

In actualism, even those feelings aren't there.

It's direct perception.
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 12 Years ago at 8/23/11 5:35 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/23/11 5:35 AM

RE: This is really difficult to explain

In "the hours" by michael cunningham he writes something like: "everything in the world has its own secret name, a name that cannot be conveyed in language but is simply the sight and feel of the thing itself."

as to how or why or if 'this' falls away with actual freedom i certainly can't say but one can imagine everything falling awy until there is nothing left. first proliferation, then labels, then perhaps the feel of the thing itself..then perception..then awareness..then oblivion..

i wonder where the last layer of the onion really is.
Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/23/11 6:49 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/23/11 6:49 AM

RE: This is really difficult to explain

tom moylan:
In "the hours" by michael cunningham he writes something like: "everything in the world has its own secret name, a name that cannot be conveyed in language but is simply the sight and feel of the thing itself."

as to how or why or if 'this' falls away with actual freedom i certainly can't say but one can imagine everything falling awy until there is nothing left. first proliferation, then labels, then perhaps the feel of the thing itself..then perception..then awareness..then oblivion..

i wonder where the last layer of the onion really is.

Yeah. What I have noticed during my actualism practice though, is that as long as one is alive, there is a reality that can be directly experienced (PCE, being AF). And that reality is then the only reality that is important.

But maybe my initial post was a bit too philosophical to begin with. Going back to practice! emoticon