Dream

thumbnail
Jade Lee, modified 3 Years ago at 11/2/20 5:17 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/2/20 5:17 PM

Dream

Hello All, 

I just started using this site today. I would love to hear what you all think about this. A couple of months ago I had a dream that I died in my dream. I have had dreams where I come close to dying often and wake up right before I pass, but in this one I actually died. I felt all the pain and knew what was going on in my dream. Once I had died I turned into something that looks like a galaxy and had many sensations and thoughts. I was in this state of energy for longer than most dreams. It was almost like I could control what was happening. Then I woke up and felt amazing. I had increased energy and an elevated mood for about 2 weeks. I have been meditating for 5 years now and I often listen to Dan Harris and the ten percent happier podcast and Danniel Ingram was the next one that I listened to that day! He began the show off by talking about his similar experience that he had when he was a child. I couldnt believe it. It sounds like I experience an arising and passing. I would love to hear what you think happened and where I should go from here. 

I started to read his book mastering the core teachings of the buddha and decided I needed to start using Darma overground as a tool to help me on my path. 

Over the last 5 years I have become very spiritual. Who I was and who I surround myself with is anything but spiritual. I feel like I need to hide my true person around them. I need an outlet to talk to others who want to experience life the same way as me...with purpose and in the momen. 

thank you
thumbnail
David Matte, modified 3 Years ago at 11/2/20 6:16 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/2/20 6:15 PM

RE: Dream

Chi chi chaloupa:
Hello All, 

I just started using this site today. I would love to hear what you all think about this. A couple of months ago I had a dream that I died in my dream. I have had dreams where I come close to dying often and wake up right before I pass, but in this one I actually died. I felt all the pain and knew what was going on in my dream. Once I had died I turned into something that looks like a galaxy and had many sensations and thoughts. I was in this state of energy for longer than most dreams. It was almost like I could control what was happening. Then I woke up and felt amazing. I had increased energy and an elevated mood for about 2 weeks. I have been meditating for 5 years now and I often listen to Dan Harris and the ten percent happier podcast and Danniel Ingram was the next one that I listened to that day! He began the show off by talking about his similar experience that he had when he was a child. I couldnt believe it. It sounds like I experience an arising and passing. I would love to hear what you think happened and where I should go from here. 

I started to read his book mastering the core teachings of the buddha and decided I needed to start using Darma overground as a tool to help me on my path. 

Over the last 5 years I have become very spiritual. Who I was and who I surround myself with is anything but spiritual. I feel like I need to hide my true person around them. I need an outlet to talk to others who want to experience life the same way as me...with purpose and in the momen. 

thank you

Hi! Welcome to the board and nice to read about your interesting dream.

Perhaps it could have been A&P stage. People who have experienced their death once are usually relieved of that fear for good, or at least significantly reduced. It's worth asking yourself what is your relationship now to death after that dream? 
Also, were you meditating much around the period the dream occurred? 

I think you will find a bunch of congenial people here who are supportive and whom you can confide in.
thumbnail
Jade Lee, modified 3 Years ago at 11/2/20 7:31 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/2/20 7:31 PM

RE: Dream

Yes I was meditating more often than usual and I was tracking my dreams in a journal.