The Words of the Buddha | Bhikkhu Bodh

Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 11/23/20 2:03 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/23/20 2:03 PM

The Words of the Buddha | Bhikkhu Bodh

TenPrecentHappier has a nice podcast with famous monk Bhikku Bodhi this week on THe Words of the Buddha. The Words of the Buddha | Bhikkhu Bodh  The Words of the Buddha | Bhikkhu Bodh
thumbnail
terry, modified 3 Years ago at 11/23/20 7:31 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/23/20 7:31 PM

RE: The Words of the Buddha | Bhikkhu Bodh

Sam Gentile:
TenPrecentHappier has a nice podcast with famous monk Bhikku Bodhi this week on THe Words of the Buddha. The Words of the Buddha | Bhikkhu Bodh  The Words of the Buddha | Bhikkhu Bodh

maybe this link will work:

https://www.tenpercent.com/podcast

I wouldn't normally have found this commercial site - the podcast even has a commercial in the middle - but I am glad I listened to this interview.

Bhikkhu bodhi is a charmer, and an institution. He is a literalist when it comes to having faith in rebirth, which doesn't to my mind square very well with what he says about non self. The interviewer is refreshingly skeptical, so it is a real dialog.

If you are patient and listen for the whole 70 mintues, at the end bhikkhu bodhi calls out "the administration" for its anti-progressive policies, which I thought showed how even conservative religious figures with a real conscience are coming out in condemnation of the operation of our american "democracy."

terry
Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 11/24/20 10:52 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/24/20 10:52 AM

RE: The Words of the Buddha | Bhikkhu Bodh

Thanks terry

Breadcrumb