God, what is wrong with you?

Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/26/11 5:23 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/26/11 5:23 PM

God, what is wrong with you?

After reading through some of the posts here, I'm flabbergasted.

Flabbergasted at several things.

The lack of immaturity. If it's about sex, get over it!

The mind barf some people make up, instead of doing the method. Thinking, instead of *simply* applying the method.

And then those complaining about the lack of results. Which part of the instructions said that you can take a moment off? This is a full time, fully dedicated thing.

It works. Why have people been downplaying my results because I've only been at it for 5 weeks? Probably because they don't have the diligence I have. I found this and allowed my life to revolve around it.

If you're going to do some things every once in a while, or even worse.... going to work on something you really don't want to get rid of on some level, and refuse to work on that level, you're going to get stuck.

Had an intense PCE today. Being someone who is not used to feeling good, that's pretty good. I just kept going.

Every moment, of every day.

Things are getting better. And I'm the type of person you would expect to have a miserable life.

So instead of whining about sexual stuff or block or whatever, apply the method!
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 8/26/11 11:20 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/26/11 5:48 PM

RE: God, what is wrong with you?

Simon L:

The mind barf some people make up, instead of doing the method. Thinking, instead of *simply* applying the method.

And then those complaining about the lack of results. Which part of the instructions said that you can take a moment off? This is a full time, fully dedicated thing.

It works. Why have people been downplaying my results because I've only been at it for 5 weeks? Probably because they don't have the diligence I have. I found this and allowed my life to revolve around it.

If you're going to do some things every once in a while, or even worse.... going to work on something you really don't want to get rid of on some level, and refuse to work on that level, you're going to get stuck.

Had an intense PCE today. Being someone who is not used to feeling good, that's pretty good. I just kept going.

Things are getting better. And I'm the type of person you would expect to have a miserable life.

So instead of whining about sexual stuff or block or whatever, apply the method!

Hi Simon,

Probably something to keep in mind as you get more and more immersed in 'your' actualist practice is the danger of succumbing to the possible trap of the actualist calenture. Be careful not to air 'your' disgust concerning other practitioners' practices in case it causes them to turn away from their practice. This may be considered part of being happy and 'harmless', which is ultimately a vital component on the way to AF.

It is probably best to stick with what works for you and be careful as well as attentive to the possible nurturing tendencies that support the flow of 'being'/'you'. Rather than critiquing others' practice thus continuing to support those conditions for the arising of 'being', better to focus on what 'you' can do to further your own progress on what is a very individual path. I reiterate that the harmless part of happy and harmless is vital. Without it I do not think AF will be possible. Who has a stake in whether or not others 'get it' like you do?

Nick
Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 7:33 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 7:33 AM

Nikolai .:
Simon L:

Hi Simon,

Probably something to keep in mind as you get more and more immersed in 'your' actualist practice is the danger of succumbing to the possible trap of the actualist calenture. Be careful not to air 'your' disgust concerning other practitioners' practices in case it causes them to turn away from their practice. This may be considered part of being happy and 'harmless', which is ultimately a vital component on the way to AF.

It is probably best to stick with what works for you and be careful as well as attentive to the possible nurturing tendencies that support the flow of 'being'/'you'. Rather than critiquing others' practice thus continuing to support those conditions for the arising of 'being', better to focus on what 'you' can do to further your own progress on what is a very individual path. I reiterate that the harmless part of happy and harmless is vital. Without it I do not think AF will be possible. Who has a stake in whether or not others 'get it' like you do?

Nick

You're right. I got frustrated. Makes perfect sense that it's about happy AND harmless. emoticon
thumbnail
Harry Potter, modified 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 10:26 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 10:26 AM

Simon L:

Dude, go read the posts (if you actually care) in my practice thread and you'll realize why it is not just about sex. Oh, and speaking of this "maturity" thing, do you know that half the american population is either anxious or avoidant when it comes to relationshiops? As for the rest, I invite you to ponder upon Richard's statement - "A ‘mature adult’ is actually a lost, lonely, frightened and very cunning entity." Ah, I see how this "maturity" game is being played in the real-world -- it is all about impression management, isn't it?

Simon L:

Things are getting better.

What "things" are getting better? I noticed that you wrote this in your practice thread:

Simon L:
Social identity was easy. There's still work for me there as well, but it's easy to see.

Which social identity beliefs were 'easy to see'? Which of them never returned? Which of them still requires "work for you"? I care much for these kind of reports.
Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 11:39 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 11:39 AM

Harry Potter:
Simon L:

Dude, go read the posts (if you actually care) in my practice thread and you'll realize why it is not just about sex. Oh, and speaking of this "maturity" thing, do you know that half the american population is either anxious or avoidant when it comes to relationshiops? As for the rest, I invite you to ponder upon Richard's statement - "A ‘mature adult’ is actually a lost, lonely, frightened and very cunning entity." Ah, I see how this "maturity" game is being played in the real-world -- it is all about impression management, isn't it?

You're right. See my previous post. I got frustrated and shouldn't have written that.

Harry Potter:
Simon L:

Things are getting better.

What "things" are getting better? I noticed that you wrote this in your practice thread:

Things generally getting better means getting less and less affected by negative things happening. Also it means feeling better and better.

Harry Potter:
Simon L:
Social identity was easy. There's still work for me there as well, but it's easy to see.

Which social identity beliefs were 'easy to see'? Which of them never returned? Which of them still requires "work for you"? I care much for these kind of reports.

What was first of all easy to see was how there is this social identity that gets activated when it comes to social interaction. The automatic behaviors, the was you present yourself, etc.. Some things were quite amusing, to see how there are all these robotic things going on in me and and others that were just habits.

That level has never returned for me, once it was seen through. Sure, I will adapt and act appropriate to the situation, but do it from a point of freedom, an awareness of what it is exactly. I am now free on that level in social situations, where before I would just automatically act out of habit.

This was pretty easy, since it had little or no emotion involved. It was more like an "Aha!" moment after which that level of social conditioning fell apart and went away permanently.

Where it's more difficult, and where more work is required, is when emotions get involved with people. Not the random people you meet in which I used to have these automatic responses, but the people I care about and who care about me. Friendships getting formed, relationships. The more emotional stuff.

That's been getting better on the level of getting rid of social anxiety. That was the first stuff to come up. I've been working on it and I would say that it's at 75% compared to when I noticed it a few weeks ago.

And, as was obvious in my previous posts, there was a level of frustration and anger, that seemingly came out of nowhere. Now I see it is grounded in old childhood experiences. I've been working on that and that's going pretty well. I find that this goes away much easier than fear based stuff.

I hope this helps. Sorry for my recent frustration based posts.
thumbnail
#1 - 0, modified 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 6:52 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 6:52 PM

yeah actualism is fun

"maturity" vs "immaturity" is fake though

but yeah sometimes just honestly throwing your feelings out there is good, it helps you see them better. you see which ones you were when you made this thread simon? also if someone read this thread and got offended, they could immediately see how automatic it was to take offense to someone else's divergent opinion.

as long as you keep it all under the heading of "practice" i think you're ok
thumbnail
Jon T, modified 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 8:34 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/27/11 8:34 PM

I don't think God peruses this forum but me and him are tight so I'll answer on his behalf.

1) He has a big ego yet is very insecure to the point of saying his name wrongly is equal to murder.

2) He chooses his friends unwisely.

3) He has a peculiar concept of justice often punishing people for doing things he already knew they would do, in effect - setting them up, then punishing them and their posterity.

4) Similar to 3, His values and preferences seem to shift. He used to demand animal sacrifice and permit slavery but not anymore. On one hand, he smites people left and right, on the other, he tells us to turn the other cheek but his most fervent modern messengers insist the death penalty and pre-emptive warfare are both fine. But to destroy an embryo is to break a commandment.

5) He plays favorites.

6) His beard smells. And it's not a holy incense smell. It's putrid...He says you don't have to bathe in heaven...i beg to differ.
Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 6:38 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 6:38 AM

Jon T:
I don't think God peruses this forum but me and him are tight so I'll answer on his behalf.

1) He has a big ego yet is very insecure to the point of saying his name wrongly is equal to murder.

2) He chooses his friends unwisely.

3) He has a peculiar concept of justice often punishing people for doing things he already knew they would do, in effect - setting them up, then punishing them and their posterity.

4) Similar to 3, His values and preferences seem to shift. He used to demand animal sacrifice and permit slavery but not anymore. On one hand, he smites people left and right, on the other, he tells us to turn the other cheek but his most fervent modern messengers insist the death penalty and pre-emptive warfare are both fine. But to destroy an embryo is to break a commandment.

5) He plays favorites.

6) His beard smells. And it's not a holy incense smell. It's putrid...He says you don't have to bathe in heaven...i beg to differ.

LOL!!
Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 6:42 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 6:42 AM

#1 - 0:
yeah actualism is fun

"maturity" vs "immaturity" is fake though

but yeah sometimes just honestly throwing your feelings out there is good, it helps you see them better. you see which ones you were when you made this thread simon? also if someone read this thread and got offended, they could immediately see how automatic it was to take offense to someone else's divergent opinion.

as long as you keep it all under the heading of "practice" i think you're ok

Hey thanks. The AF attitude towards these things is great!

I see which feelings were there when I made this thread. How they came up, how I was fine before, how they made me feel right and how in the end it did not turn out so well and might have been hurtful.

Right now I cannot see things like that anymore and having those feelings seems ridiculous. So another moment of success for HAIETMOBA! emoticon