Hm, interesting

Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 3:30 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 3:30 PM

Hm, interesting

Hi,

Don't worry, I've resolved the stuff that caused me to write the angry posts. emoticon

I'm a little bit further in my practice and have come to an interesting point.

After using the AF method, each time asking HAIETMOBA I notice some feelings, but am primarily drawn to one thing.

There is this filter of observing the world. It's the filter between me and the actual world.

I know that once I get rid of this filter, I will see the actual world. Problem is, it won't go. If I take it away I black out for a moment and then it comes back.

Any ideas?
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 3:52 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 3:49 PM

RE: Hm, interesting

Simon L:
Hi,

Don't worry, I've resolved the stuff that caused me to write the angry posts. emoticon

After using the AF method, each time asking HAIETMOBA I notice some feelings, but am primarily drawn to one thing.

There is this filter of observing the world. It's the filter between me and the actual world.

I know that once I get rid of this filter, I will see the actual world. Problem is, it won't go. If I take it away I black out for a moment and then it comes back.

Any ideas?

Can I make a suggestion? Put all your posts that seem like practice posts in one thread. That way it is easier to see what you are doing. So far you have a number of posts floating around and it is hard to keep up with what you are doing. I thought you were going to do this but it seems you decided not to. Perhaps in the next post make it your actual freedom practice thread where all your questions can be addressed in the context of your entire practice, in one spot. Otherwise, a lot of what you post just gets ignored and sinks to the bottom of the thread post list. Check Boeman's actualism practice thread to see what he did. It will be easier for you to access info as well.

The idea and feeling of 'getting rid of' the filter is keeping the filter in place. Pay attention to that desire. See what happens when you stop wanting the filter to drop away and just watch the filter as it is with the idea that it will drop away by itself eventually. 'You' can't get rid of it as 'you' are it.
Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 4:21 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/28/11 4:21 PM

RE: Hm, interesting

Nikolai .:
Simon L:
Hi,

Any ideas?

Can I make a suggestion? Put all your posts that seem like practice posts in one thread. That way it is easier to see what you are doing. So far you have a number of posts floating around and it is hard to keep up with what you are doing. I thought you were going to do this but it seems you decided not to. Perhaps in the next post make it your actual freedom practice thread where all your questions can be addressed in the context of your entire practice, in one spot. Otherwise, a lot of what you post just gets ignored and sinks to the bottom of the thread post list. Check Boeman's actualism practice thread to see what he did. It will be easier for you to access info as well.

The idea and feeling of 'getting rid of' the filter is keeping the filter in place. Pay attention to that desire. See what happens when you stop wanting the filter to drop away and just watch the filter as it is with the idea that it will drop away by itself eventually. 'You' can't get rid of it as 'you' are it.

Thanks. Any new topics I have I will put in one thread. I tend to be a bit impulsive, I'm sorry. This is something I will look into as well.

Great advice about the filter though. As I was watching it, it did drop away a couple of times and I experienced the same kind of thing when I experienced other moments of seeing the world directly.

It's like this filter is a lens. And when it falls away, I see this fairy tale like magical world Richard talks about.