Lama Lena Motivation

Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 12/30/20 8:02 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/30/20 8:02 PM

Lama Lena Motivation

I came across this section of dharma talk from Lama Lena that I am think is a very powerful motivation (it is for me). Subsitute your practice for Dzogchen. I hope I have transcribed it correctly.

To practice Dzogchen, you have really, really want to. If you don't really, really want to, you won't. in this case, go find a practice you really, really want to do. Maybe you really don't want to do a practice. Then go back to trying to understand the Four Noble Truths and why things are going to hurt if you don't. And why you you are going to fuck up your life if you don't. Which you will and the fact that ypou are going to get old, decrepit, and die unless somebody kills you first. Or something. Which is also true. The ordinary nodro, understanding the nature of suffering, understanding the nature of karma, if truly accomplished, leads one to escape from that crap. If you had any idea what crap old age is, you would be terrified.

What kind of shit you can get yourself into for your next life, if you really understand the nature of karma , you would be scared shitless of what you have been creatung, And you would have a motivation to do a practice. Something to get you out of this mess called Samsara.

If by chance, Dzogchen is the practice that you really, really want to do, then god damnit, you're just going to have to decide to do it.
Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 12/31/20 12:17 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/31/20 12:17 PM

RE: Lama Lena Motivation

I'm suprised more people don't find this motivating
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 12/31/20 2:11 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/31/20 2:11 PM

I love her straightforwardness. 
Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 12/31/20 2:16 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/31/20 2:16 PM