DhO Upgrade happening now!!!!: stop posting until complete!

thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 3 Years ago at 1/23/21 12:19 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/23/21 12:19 PM

DhO Upgrade happening now!!!!: stop posting until complete!

Dear All,

The remarkable Manish is about to attempt to upgrade Liferay to Liferay 7, and during this time (from about noon Central Time, January 23, Saturday) until it is done, anything posted will likely be lost, so stop posting anything you care about until we can get this accomplished.

Thanks for your understanding!

Daniel, DhO Owner and Administrator
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 1/26/21 7:30 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/26/21 7:30 AM

RE: DhO Upgrade happening now!!!!: stop posting until complete!

Daniel, congrats on the upgrade. Here we are in Liferay 7.

Can you elaborate at this point on next steps? I assume there will be some follow-up things like content page formatting and restoring some of the functionality and portlets such as Messages.

Thanks!
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 3 Years ago at 1/26/21 8:28 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/26/21 8:28 AM

Yes, here were are in Liferay 7.3, but my first attempt to post a thread called Liferay 7.3 Feedback failed, got an error that said that wasn't available.

Ok, there will be bugs and glitches, but hopefully we will get through this, as we have so many other things. Thanks to Manish, whose valiant efforts prevailed!
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 1/26/21 8:38 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/26/21 8:38 AM

Yes, congrats on managing to transfer the main parts of the forum successfully, and gratitude to Manish for doing the job!

Among the glitches, I have found that even though I click on "Remember me", I get logged out very rapidly and that posts written while being logged out disappear when hitting "publish". I have since long fostered the habit of copying my posts before publishing, and I find that generally to be a good habit, but if it's possible to do something about the issues with staying logged in, that would be awesome. 

Breadcrumb