AF in plain english

This Good Self, modified 12 Years ago at 9/10/11 1:25 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 9/10/11 1:21 AM

AF in plain english

This is for anyone who would like a summary of the AF website and practices.

"HAIETMOBA?". means to notice how you're feeling. eg. I feel a bit depressed. Then you say "I feel depressed because (insert reason) ", and just by realizing the reason, you immediately become happy. No drugs or therapy needed.

Cultivating felicity means to be carefree and lighthearted. Similar to when a friend notices that you're tense and he says "Hey man, chill out".

Pure intent means intent.

Cultivating naievete means being non-judgmental. Similar to when you're bagging someone out and your friend says "quit being so judgmental man!"

Sensuousness means enjoying the gratification of your senses. Similar to when you're out to dinner and you're all stressed out and a friend says "Dude, just enjoy the food and relax".
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 12 Years ago at 9/10/11 4:01 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 9/10/11 4:01 AM

RE: AF in plain english

"HAIETMOBA?" for me also includes what I am perceiving with the senses.

"Hey dude, chilax!" emoticon
This Good Self, modified 12 Years ago at 9/10/11 5:35 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 9/10/11 5:34 AM

RE: AF in plain english

from urbandictionary.com ...

Chillax

(verb)
When the two words 'chill' and 'relax' were combined a word was created: 'chillax'; a conjunction that, when used solely and didactically, can change the general mood or atmosphere of an entire room of people. 'Chillax' by itself is a powerful word, but is nothing in comparison to the sentence that was coined soon after: 'chillax to the MAX'. This sentence should be used with care as it has the power to COMPLETELY relax a room full of people.

Jen: OMG I havent revised for my EXAM OMG!
Dan: Jen....
Dan: Chillax
Jen: You're right Dan, exams are insignificant! Let's focus on our health and happiness and worry about petty bureaucracy another time.

===========================================================

Yeh so I was doing this "what am I feeling?" question over and over without knowing any reason for my tension. Then it came to me. "Striving". So I decided to let go of my striving. Back to sleep. Good.