RE: Insight coach?

thumbnail
Emil Jensen, modified 22 Days ago.

Insight coach?

Hi there ya'll.

I was wondering if any of you know of insight coaches? Of course someone who has SE or more...
I thought of this after reading a bit in another log a while ago. It seemed as if Michael Taft was coaching?

I am getting a job soon and could therefore afford a coach. Yay!
I would love to have one for insight practices. Perhaps one where I could check in once a week or something like that.
Does that exist? "Enlightenment for hire"? Lol.

Or perhaps just someone you can hire to wack you with a stick if you doze off?

Or someone who can sit crossed (eyed) legged, one you can go to and talk about your practice after which he/she just yells "MAKYO!!!" and continues to confuse you with riddles and pointless stories.

Anything..?

Of course writing in here and getting some response/feedback is good. And very much appreciated (dhamma badasses, you know who you are!)
But being able to talk, in depth, with someone who know what questions to ask, what I should focus on instead, etc. That would just be ri-goddam-diculously valuable.

If this thing doesn't exist, I'm sure there's a market! emoticon

Hit me up with your vast knowledge, fellow Dharmies.

Love emoticon

Sam Gentile, modified 22 Days ago.

I highly recomend Abre Fouriner who a bunch of use on this forum. She's way past SE. She really knows her stuff. Let me know if you want her mail.
thumbnail
Zero, modified 22 Days ago.

Sam Gentile
I highly recomend Abre Fouriner who a bunch of use on this forum. She's way past SE. She really knows her stuff. Let me know if you want her mail.

I don't know how to PM on this new Liferay. But, I'd like her email please. Does she work with pre-streamenterers? Is she dana-based or flat-rate> 

Zero
Sam Gentile

I don't know how to PM on this new Liferay. But, I'd like her email please. Does she work with pre-streamenterers? Is she dana-based or flat-rate> 
---
She takes pre-streamenterers. She is sliding scale. Send me a message to mscoree42@gmail.com
thumbnail
SushiK, modified 22 Days ago.

Hi Sam

​​​​​​​Sending you an email as well :-)

Zero
Sam Gentile

I set him up with Abre.
thumbnail
Emil Jensen, modified 22 Days ago.

<blockquote><p>"I highly recomend Abre Fouriner who a bunch of use on this forum. She's way past SE. She really knows her stuff. Let me know if you want her mail."</p></blockquote>Yes, please. Thank you emoticon I'm also sending you an email!<br /><br /> 
thumbnail
Steph, modified 22 Days ago.

I've been working with Abre for a few weeks now and am getting lots of value out of it so far.

Michael Taft would also be a good bet I think. I watch his YouTube livestream guided meditations and Q+A he does weekly on Thursdays... and they'are always really, really good.
thumbnail
Brandon Dayton, modified 22 Days ago.

I would like to formally complete this tripartite endorsement for Abre by including my own. Been working with her since May of last year and have had an excellent experience. She also offers a sliding scale that is the most accesible I've found so far.

Others to consider:

Miles Bukiet. I've chatted with him before and he is a swell guy with lots of experience and high standards. Not sure what his rates would be. https://www.milesbukiet.com/services

Deep Mindfulness. I think they've got the experience, but I found their coaching prices to be a bit high. https://deepmindfulness.io/mentorship
thumbnail
Chris Marti, modified 22 Days ago.

Abre is a friend of mine, never my teacher or coach but...  I'll jump on the Abre Fournier bandwagon!
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 22 Days ago.

Sorry for offtopic but I am dying to know how this topic fits "Births and Deaths" category?

I would say you need good Zen teacher XD
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 22 Days ago.

Ninurta you are a party pooper emoticon 
thumbnail
Brandon Dayton, modified 22 Days ago.

Looks like Abre is about to get a yogi bomb.
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 22 Days ago.

She will be filthy rich emoticon emoticon 
thumbnail
Chris Marti, modified 22 Days ago.

I just forwarded a link to this topic to Abre so she's been given a heads up  emoticon
Sam Gentile, modified 18 Days ago.

Chris Marti
I just forwarded a link to this topic to Abre so she's been given a heads up  emoticon
thumbnail
J W, modified 21 Days ago.

Buddhist Geeks does one-on-one sessions:

https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=16763938
Tim Farrington, modified 18 Days ago.

This is good, soon we will be able to blame all DhO shortcomings on Abre!

​​​​​​​Also, if someone has a breakthrough while working with Abre, is it called a "Fournier Transform"?
thumbnail
Chris Marti, modified 17 Days ago.

Also, if someone has a breakthrough while working with Abre, is it called a "Fournier Transform"?

Ouch.
George S, modified 17 Days ago.

Tim Farrington
Also, if someone has a breakthrough while working with Abre, is it called a "Fournier Transform"?

​​​​​​​That's a "complex" subject.

(ba dum tss)

Breadcrumb