How To Be An Artist 20 -- Dave Durocher and Therapeutic Communities

thumbnail
Brandon Dayton, modified 3 Years ago at 2/25/21 4:19 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 2/25/21 2:04 PM

How To Be An Artist 20 -- Dave Durocher and Therapeutic Communities

Less directly about meditation, but some very fascinating stuff in regards to creating sangha and training in morality. 

I'm chatting with Dave Durocher who is the executive director of The Other Side Academy, a therapeutic community in Salt Lake City, focused on serving primarily those with drug addictions and criminal records. TOSA is really interesting in that they are completely self funded, they have an absurdly high success rate, and they do not have any credentialed experts on staff. It is completely organized and run by former addicts and criminals and their systems look like nothing else out there. It's an interesting example of emergent intelligence and evolutionary, bottom-up problem solving, and a potential template for how to solve the myriad issues of accesibility, cost and abuse that face meditation culture.

https://anchor.fm/h2bna/episodes/Step-20-Dave-Durocher----A-Community-of-Healing-er2r6j
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 2/25/21 3:06 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 2/25/21 3:06 PM

RE: How To Be An Artist 20 -- Dave Durocher and Therapeutic Communities

Brandon, can I make the URL to your recording a link that people can just click on to get there? (Rather than have them copy and paste the link into their browser.)
thumbnail
Brandon Dayton, modified 3 Years ago at 2/25/21 4:19 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 2/25/21 4:19 PM

RE: How To Be An Artist 20 -- Dave Durocher and Therapeutic Communities

I made the change. Thanks.

Breadcrumb