Intense/annoying tingling, throbbing, swirly sensations on third eye

Al G, modified 3 Years ago at 3/16/21 5:50 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/16/21 5:50 PM

Intense/annoying tingling, throbbing, swirly sensations on third eye

I'm a novice meditator (on and off for a few years, only recently cementing a committed practice) but for as long as I can remember, I've had these feelings of swirling energy circling around the top of my head, crown, third eye and throat area. These feelings come and go but sometimes I will have feelings of intense sensations that can last weeks. Sometimes these sensations become quite an annoyance and when they are strong, I feel like I can't focus on anything other than the swirly energy creating pressure points on various parts of my head (particularly on my temples, forehead and top of my head). There also appears to be a sporadic itchy, crawling sensation on my neck and other random parts of my body. Any tips on what these sensations are and how to control them?          
George S, modified 3 Years ago at 3/16/21 8:49 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/16/21 8:18 PM

RE: Intense/annoying tingling, throbbing, swirly sensations on third eye

Very common, partly a sign of increased awareness and partly due to releasing old emotions and rebalancing the energy body. Trying to control them only makes it worse, you have to accept them and learn to live with them. They are always changing and people say they weaken eventually.

EDIT: grounding activities, diet, exercise, sleep, caffeine, alcohol etc. all play an important part as well and can obviously be managed.

Breadcrumb