HAIETMOBA revisited(?)

Robin Woods, modified 2 Years ago at 4/7/21 6:03 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 4/7/21 6:03 AM

HAIETMOBA revisited(?)

I'm obviously really sorry to dredge up the ghost of AF on here, and I haven't really been on the DhO for quite a while.....

But I've been asking myself 'How Am I Experiencing This Moment of Being Alive' quite a lot in the last few days whilst trying to recover from a COVID-induced near-nervous breakdown.

And it just seems to work so well in bringing one into the present, whilst also highlighting the feeling-tone of present moment. Far better than other forms of self-inquiry such as 'who am I', 'where am I' or 'Am I aware of being aware'......

I obviously don't want to get into massive fights about PCEs etc - but I just wondered if anyone else uses this pointer?

I realise it was thought that this wasn't actually the AF practice but I just wondered if anyone has used this to try and progress on the Buddhist path?  
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 2 Years ago at 4/7/21 6:37 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 4/7/21 6:37 AM

RE: HAIETMOBA revisited(?)

I think that outside the AF community of practitioners, this is called "mindfulness."

emoticon
Robin Woods, modified 2 Years ago at 4/7/21 6:49 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 4/7/21 6:49 AM

haha - thanks - I think I get where you're coming from...
George S, modified 2 Years ago at 4/7/21 8:28 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 4/7/21 8:28 AM

Hi Robin,

Sorry to hear about your post-COVID problems. It sounds very unpleasant.

Anything which works to point you towards the present moment is good. When it's working great, and when it's not there is HAINETMOBA - How Am I Not Experiencing This Moment of Being Alive? emoticon

Best wishes for your health and wellbeing,
George