Micheal Taft - Very interesting Course

Sam Gentile, modified 2 Years ago at 6/2/21 3:21 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/2/21 3:21 PM

Micheal Taft - Very interesting Course

Its a bit late but I thought I would still pass this on. I do some of these meditations off his YouTube channel and they are very rewarding

View this email in your browser
Vast Sky Mind
Announcing a new online course with Michael Taft -
Vast Sky Mind: Fundamentals of Nondual Meditation and Awakening

Wednesdays, June 16th – September 1st, 2021
4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Pacific Time
Nondual meditation is the ageless path of realizing the awakened mind already inside you. Join meditation teacher and author Michael Taft and learn how to do this for yourself. Taft has trained in nondual meditation techniques for over 35 years and created this course especially for people who have done other forms of meditation, but who are curious about engaging in this very different path. While generally following Buddhist understandings, this course takes a non-denominational approach that is informed by modern neuroscience and scholarship.
Whether you are new to meditation, or if you are a mindfulness meditator whose practice seems stalled, or if you have been following Michael’s guided meditation series on Youtube, if you are wanting something more—a practice that both engages with life and that can actually lead to awakening—then this course is for you.
In Vast Sky Mind, you will learn:
– What the term “nondual” actually means
– How to meditate on emptiness (and what “emptiness” even means)
– The techniques of “effortless” meditation
– How to overcome the obstacles that are blocking your realization
– The history of nondual meditation worldwide
– How nondual meditation is understood in Buddhist traditions such as Vajrayana and Dzogchen
– Serious practice without a guru
– A system of meditation that you can stick with
– Much more

This is a live-only, online course that takes place on Zoom. Class will meet once a week for 90 minutes. During each class, Michael will teach on that week’s topic, take live AMA questions from the group, and lead a guided meditation. In addition, students are encouraged to join a “practice pod”—a group of five students from the course—to study, share, bring up questions, and so forth.

Requirements:
– Commitment to meditate for 30 minutes daily
– Complete all assigned course materials
– Attend each class (classes are not recorded)
– Strong desire to learn, understand, and practice nondual meditation
Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter icon
Copyright (C) 2021 Deconstructing Yourself. All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at the Deconstructing Yourself website.

Our mailing address is:

Deconstructing Yourself
2601 Adeline
Oakland, CA 94607

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe

​​​​​​​
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 6/4/21 12:40 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/4/21 12:40 PM

RE: Micheal Taft - Very interesting Course

I'm doing his advanced version, Reversing the Stack. I'm currently on part 2 of it. It has room for a much smaller number of participants so I'd guess that the waiting list is long, but I thought it might be good to know that you can go further with this once you have learned the basics. I can warmly recommend Reversing the Stack
Sam Gentile, modified 2 Years ago at 6/4/21 1:15 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/4/21 1:15 PM

RE: Micheal Taft - Very interesting Course

Thanks Linda. I'm starting this one.

Breadcrumb