Teachers started smiling on pictures

sobjaz, modified 2 Years ago at 6/7/21 10:13 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/7/21 8:15 AM

Teachers started smiling on pictures

Hello all,

On retreat, in the meditation hall, there are pictures of teachers of that particular school/lineage. At the beginning of the retreat, they don't particularly look smiling, I somehow see a neutral/severe face(mouth). After some time, while looking at them, I fould they were smiling, maybe even a bit maliciously. However this was not the case with all teacher pictures. For example the face of the most revered/respected teacher of that lineage didn't changed from my point of view.

Very strange. Is there an explanation for this? Is it just my filter (glasses) that changed? Hypnosis? This also questions what reality actually is...

Thank you for your insights
thumbnail
Pepe ·, modified 2 Years ago at 6/7/21 9:06 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/7/21 9:06 AM

RE: Teachers started smiling on pictures

In my case, sometimes when I practice the brahmaviharas I include the visualization of christian deities. The clarity of the image, the time it stays visible, the location (up, down, at the center), angle of the face (if facing towards me or to a side), if it smiles or if it's inexpressive, etc, all of these matches my mental/emotional state of the moment. Just a mirror of my internal state. Nice to see how it evolves even during the same sit. 
sobjaz, modified 2 Years ago at 6/9/21 12:31 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/9/21 12:31 PM

RE: Teachers started smiling on pictures

Ok thanks.

Breadcrumb