Created 2 Years ago at 6/15/21 2:36 PM

Invitation to 3-Month Retreat in Pacific Northwest, Spring 2022

Dedicated Dharma Practitioners
are invited to a 
Three Month Meditation Intensive
in
Spring 2022
guided by North Burn

To embody profound serenity in the midst of our wild life is a beautiful gift which we can offer. Clearly observing the three fundamental marks of experience - Dukkha, Anicca, and Anatta - is a gateway to this embodiment, an awareness that is opened as a result of establishing Mindfulness and developing Samadhi, in the context of the Eightfold Path. Practitioners on this Intensive will live together simply - camping individually and sharing a space with basic amenities - in a remote forest in the Pacific Northwest, a setting that itself beautifully expresses the Dharma. We will uphold the Five Precepts and Noble Silence to foster harmony and an inward focus. A rigorous meditation schedule and ongoing group and personal instruction will serve to deepen and balance the practice as it unfolds over the course of three months.

North's teaching is a heart-to-heart transmission of freedom and compassion. He weaves together sudden and gradual understandings of the Path, and is influenced by over a decade of training on long Insight Meditation retreats and in residential Soto Zen practice, studying with spiritual benefactors such as Leslie James, Reb Anderson, Joseph Goldstein, and Greg Scharf - who is his primary mentor. He has led meditation retreats since 2015 and, in 2019-20, was the Resident Teacher at Dharmagiri in South Africa.

To learn more about how to participate, and to apply, contact
northdharma@tutanota.com
before August 24, 2021
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 2 Years ago at 6/15/21 4:33 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/15/21 3:00 PM

RE: Invitation to 3-Month Retreat in Pacific Northwest, Spring 2022

Hi,

I am not sure, but my guess is that DhO doesn't use a virus scanner for its attachments (Can someone from the tech team clarify, please, if we have a virus scanner?). And since tif and pdf files can contain malwares, why don't you write your post in a text format?

Levi C, modified 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 11:30 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 11:30 AM

Updated, thank you!
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 11:34 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 11:34 AM

Thanks!
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 1 Year ago at 7/31/22 5:14 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/31/22 5:14 PM

Would have been great, if I could afford the trip and the leave from work. I have met Greg Scharf and I like him. Enjoy the retreat! 

Breadcrumb