RE: A short, funny video on the Eight Worldly Winds

thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 2 Years ago at 6/15/21 2:56 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/15/21 2:56 PM

A short, funny video on the Eight Worldly Winds

Dear All,

Here's a funny Vimeo video on the Eight Worldly winds, none of which are necessarily the product of a legume based diet. ;)

Enjoy!

Daniel
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 2 Years ago at 6/15/21 3:56 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/15/21 3:56 PM

It seem the monk helped you to keep overall ballance thorought the day ;)

Great video!
shargrol, modified 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 5:40 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 5:40 AM

Lordy, the winds do bloweth quite strongly some days... Not that you need the commisseration, but you got mine. emoticon Hang in there Daniel.

Some days all I can do is take a deep breath and remember the zen folks saying, "straight ahead". 
Olivier S, modified 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 6:06 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 6:06 AM

That was hilarious. The trash Daniel !
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 10:15 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 10:15 AM

I only emptied one room in the stable which took 3 full trailers of recycling material. 

Now made space in there for all my empty beehives. Had lots of bee losses last winter. Zero colonies survived. This was to be my 10th year as a beekeeper. However a week ago a bee swarm came out of nowhere and moved into one of my empty hives emoticon so that is a happy moment! Just when I thought "this is the first year since 2012 without bees buzzing in my bee yard" they decided to move in out of the blue. emoticon I guess they gave me a praise ;) 

All that being said I still need to empty another room in my workshop which is full of all sorts of garbage. All needs to be recycled of course. I think the worst is the rats moved under it all , and their urin smell really is pungent. 
thumbnail
Angel Roberto Puente, modified 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 12:03 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 12:03 PM

The worldly winds are all the same, no matter where they come from, they're noisy and leave a smell. They dissipate easily unless you're used to taking a really deep puff and holding it in. I wonder where that bad habit comes from?
George S, modified 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 4:22 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 4:00 PM

'When you go on meditation retreats perhaps you should bring someone with you who knows something about meditation' ... LOL

Not a bad idea though. Maybe the good bhikkhu would agree to a head-to-head to settle this matter. The two of you in a room, hooked up to EEGs. The winner whoever attains nirodha samapatti first emoticon​​​​​​​

Breadcrumb