RE: Joe Dispenza kundalini awakening technique

Big Chungus, modified 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 1:28 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 1:28 AM

Joe Dispenza kundalini awakening technique

Has anyone here tried this? If so, how did it go for you?
Sam Gentile, modified 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 3:01 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/16/21 3:01 PM

Hi! I am a Buddhist so I hold people like Joe to be "new age". My girlfriend and I used to do these together. I have to say that I found the meditations too long, the concepts arcane and didn't get the kunalini awakening,
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 6/18/21 2:54 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/18/21 2:54 AM

Please don't play with Kundalini awakening in any manner that makes energies go upwards faster unless you know exactly what you are doing and have prepared the ground. It may be too much for your nervous system. I had premature Kundalini arising happen spontaneously and not only was it painful and terrifying at the time, but also caused several chronic illnesses, some of which still remain more than a decade later. I you want to do it the Kundalini way, I'd suggest working closely with an experienced teacher who knows how to deal with mishaps. Doing it on your own is not a good idea. Kundalini is an excellent teacher, but it's tough love. 
Kelly Gordon Weeks, modified 2 Years ago at 6/21/21 1:58 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/21/21 1:58 PM

This is unfortunate! How did the awakening happen and what types of illnesses did it cause?

I want to know what to look out for.

Thank you. 

​​​​​​​
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 6/21/21 3:49 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/21/21 3:47 PM

The rising Kundalini, which isn't really awakening, happened due to a lifetime of too much stress. It was like the universe thought "enough is enough" and decided to scream when I didn't listen to its many hints. Not that the universe is an entity with agency - it's just dependent origination. 

Severe anxiety (having lightning bolts rise up through the spine and exploding in one's head can be very unsettling), nausea, trembling (extreme versions of the dukkha nana vibrations but I had never heard of those), confusion (the onset of dissolution that came regularly), extreme mood swings (the cycling). And extreme energies at times, with weird energetic symptoms (that I could not make sense of). My circadian rhythm got even worse than before. My body temperature was unstable, as was my blood pressure. Whenever I did something that raised my pulse, everything would go white and sort of electric. It was very destabilizing. Over time I developed the following: 
Chronic fatigue, chronic pain, extensive food allergies and intolerances that can't be explained medically (yet) but have severe symptoms; nonepileptic seizures, and chronic depression. When I started meditating I had a mattress on the kitchen floor because I was too exhausted to stand up while cooking. If I took the stairs, even really short ones, I lost my voice for several days. A daily meditation practice very soon made it possible to take up yoga again (mainly the more stabilizing Hatha yoga and [Ashtanga] Vinyasa yoga), and the combination of yoga and meditation gradually (and remarkably fast) took away the exhaustion. I had tried lots of other remedies with no success whatsoever. Other forms of exercise than yoga just made it worse. Before stream entry I would still have pain depending on the nanas. I soon learned to get into equanimity because chronic pain is a great feedback system. Equanimity took the pain away as long as I did yoga often enough (several times per week). The nonepileptic seizures disappeared when I took up mediation (with a couple of brief relapses in extreme situations). The depression still requires proper medication. The first winters with a daily practice I was fortunate enough not to have any winter depression, which I had gotten used to expecting. This last winter was a tough one, though, so I had to change my medz. I'm fine now. I'm not as dependent on yoga for my wellbeing now as before, but I still need it. I still have the extreme food intolerances and allergies, so I need to keep a very strict diet. It doesn't bother me much, though. I consider myself healthy today. I just wouldn't recommend intentionally doing anything that forces the Kundalini, and there are lots of yoga teachers out there that lack awareness of the risks involved. I don't know enough about Joe Dispenza to say whether he has had proper training but somehow I doubt it. This may be prejudice speaking, but he doesn't strike me as the cautious type. So just be careful, okay? Most people probably don't get the extreme effects unless they go all gonzo about it, but you never know if you are one of those who are sensitive to it, and even mild effects can mess up balances. Choose a teacher who emphasizes preparing the pathways as safely as possible, not one who encourages speeding up the process with promises of miracles. 

​​​​​​​Having said this, I love Kundalini yoga. I really do. 
Kelly Gordon Weeks, modified 2 Years ago at 6/21/21 8:02 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/21/21 8:01 PM

Wow, that's quite a testament! Thank you for sharing. 

When I started my practice it was with Joe Dispenza's "Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself." It was "new agey." It got me started, but what I didn't like about it was the projection of oneself into the future. I understand the idea. I'm just not really into that type of meditation. I needed more foundation and tools that made sense.  

Fortunately, I found the Mind Illuminated and MCTB shortly after and started a proper practice! 

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences.

​​​​​​​I appreciate your feedback on my posts! =)
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 6/22/21 2:02 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 6/22/21 2:02 AM

No problem.

I have an audiobook collection on youtube, for occasions when I might need it, and there are several Joe Dispenza books there because he tends to come up as a suggestion often (I suspect he has paid for that). I started listening to one of them out of curiosity. It was about accessing higher powers. It very soon got weird. New agey is a euphemism, I'd say. I usually like it weird. I mean, when I first heard Daniel talking, about magick in fire kasina, I thought to myself "Now that guy is obviously batshit crazy" and then my next thought was "I must check him out!" - and here I am, moderating his forum and using his book as my Bible. Joe Dispenza is over the top even for me. That was probably his most far out book, though. 

I really don't like imagining myself in the future either. That kind of mundane success stories. Ugh. Not what I'm looking for. I don't think it works either, as it takes away focus from working with the here and now, which is all we've got.
Big Chungus, modified 2 Years ago at 7/1/21 9:15 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/1/21 9:15 AM

Yes I totally understand the need for caution. And this is why I've never done it, despite knowing about it for a few years. Because I don't want to fuck something up.

However, Joe does say it's safe if you do it properly. And there is certainly plenty of superstition and dogma surrounding this, i.e apparently Kundalini yoga was only taught to royals to preserve their power/status. Religion has obviously shunned this sort of thing as well.

So it's confusing whether the caution is over the top, or warranted. But there are obviously legitimate cases such as yourself where things have gone bad. I have no idea what your history is besides what you described, though, because those symptoms could also be due to other causes.

As for finding a teacher, I unfortunately don't know anyone who teaches this (or I'd go and see them). I do want to do it, I just want to make sure I do it properly.

You can look on YouTube, Joe's channel has testimonials of people instantly healing from serious diseases after this. Such as a woman who had a brain tumour, which was cured right after. Many people think that sort of claim is fraudulent, but if you look at what he's saying with an open-mind there's actually a surprising amount of evidence to support it. I'm not going to spend my time debating that though, people can think what they want.

So as to why this sort of phenomenon causes great instability for some, and heals others, I have no idea. But it's obviously incredibly powerful, and if done correctly could easily be a game changer. So I'm not going to stay away from it, just like I don't stay away from psychedelics (which have changed my life and helped me more than anything), when there's a lot of unwarranted stigma surrounding it. If done correctly, it's very safe and extremely effective. I wouldn't be surprised if Kundalini raising techniques have the same sort of unwarranted stigma.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 7/2/21 11:01 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/2/21 10:56 AM

It was Kundalini allright. You don't have to believe me. Just be careful. Sure, done the right way it can be incredibly beneficial. I don't think there's any universal way of doing it the right way, though. It needs to be adapted for the individual.
n0nick, modified 2 Years ago at 10/8/21 8:11 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/8/21 8:11 AM

Linda is right, As another person with premature kundalini awakening( wasnt really trying to awaken it, was doing a lot of meditation and contemplation and it happned) It can be destabilizing and too much to handle for the nervous system. All these new age wake up your kundalini are bullshit and can leads to years of kundalini syndrome. Instead of trying to wake up kundalini its better to focus on nervous system purifiication. In a nervous system which is purified through meditation, yoga or other spiritual practices energetic sysmptoms associated with kundalini will hardly be felt. Most of the legit spiritual traditions which deal with kundalini (tantric and daoist) do years of purification practices beforehand. If you are intrested in kundalini better contact a teacher from an authentic lineage. 
Tommy P, modified 2 Years ago at 1/14/22 8:12 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/14/22 8:12 AM

I actually specifically looked up that individual who had a brain tumor, her name was Sonya W., I found her on Facebook and she was recently in the Australian news charged for medical fraud. People that know her say about her that she has pseudologia fantasia (pathological lying about medical conditions). I also looked into another 2 testimonials, one of cervical cancer and one of breast cancer, both people passed away a year after they made their testimonial video's. That's still only 3 testimonials out of hundreds, I still like his meditations, but I don't trust the person anymore.. calling yourself a Doctor while you have a doctorate of chiropractic is misleading, and he spent 15+ years in the Ramtha School of Enlightenment new age cult before he started doing this. Some of his concepts come straight out of the White Book of Ramtha. On the other side he has gotten hundreds of thousands of people to meditate, but as a person I don't think he is a good person, more of a businessman who uses NLP and hypnosis langauge patterns in his interviews and lectures if you pay attention it's super obvious.
Kumara Institute - KumariDevi, modified 1 Year ago at 5/4/22 4:54 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/4/22 4:51 AM

You can get in touch with yourself by meditation, soul correction, healing, and spiritual awakening techniques. In the healing sessions, you will feel self-love, inner peace & emotional experiences.
Visit - https://www.kumarainstitute.com/programs/
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 1 Year ago at 5/4/22 8:28 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/4/22 8:28 AM

The post above from "Kumarta Institute" is spam. I encourage that user to engage in conversation as opposed to advertising.

Chris
​​​​​​​DhO Moderator

Breadcrumb