ADR's Log - Surviving the Olympics

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 7/20/21 3:03 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/20/21 3:03 PM

ADR's Log - Surviving the Olympics

So I have a tendency to exaggerate how I am feeling.

What I want to do is be able to roam free. However, this would be difficult to do without producing anxiety. Instead of taking Ativan all the time I will attempt to diffuse my thoughts into a coherent narrative.

Whenever I watch the Olympics I get a desire to be homeless. I just figured this out today. I want to be able to roam over all the event areas without being scrutinized. However, anxiety is still present.

To combat this anxiety I will go to an old coping mechanism which involves geo-locating myself on the What Three Words app. The whole globe is covered in three meter squares that dictate your location using three unique words. It is used by first responders. When I turn on the app it tells me what my location is. If I map my house it can be relieving and absorbing, potentially leading to shamatha.

BTW, I am not planning on becoming homeless.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:05 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/21/21 12:05 PM

RE: ADR's Log - Surviving the Olympics

I am supposed to watch a virtual music festival this weekend. This along with the opening ceremonies have officially kicked off my imagination. Hopefully I will get some sleep, because I am watching lots of sports.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 7/26/21 1:57 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/26/21 1:57 PM

RE: ADR's Log - Surviving the Olympics

Changing the usual channel I watch has caused me some upheaval. Seeing fires, and tropical storms, and floods; it all really makes me sick to my stomach. My usual CBS station had lulled me into a false sense of security I guess?

Breadcrumb