RE: Reading The Akashic Records

thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 14 Years ago at 6/20/09 4:03 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/20/09 4:03 AM

Reading The Akashic Records

Author: ccasey
Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

After listening to a podcast with Linda Howe: she says that anyone can do it, we all have access, etc... I know I have pretty good concentration skills, and a strong intuitive guidance. I am wondering if anyone here has been able to do this and if you can share how you did it?

Link for Podcast I'm referring to: http://www.soundstrue.com/podcast/?p=930#bottom
Jacob MickNeilson, modified 14 Years ago at 10/20/09 5:10 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 10/20/09 5:10 AM

Ooh, fun, my first post here and I already get to flaunt my pseudo-intellectualism and very loose grasp of neuro-science!

Yes, everyone has access to the Akashic records, if they so wish. What the Akashic records appear to be are genetic memories locked away in the brain that usually take extremities to reach. Some do this through Shamanic trance with or without the use of hallucinogenics, some do this through various forms of invokations including elaborate rituals dancing and (legasp) more hallucinogens! It's been called alot've names.

I myself have had experiences with such "forgotten memories" and know a variety of techniques that appear to get similar results. Problem here is... none of them are traditional, nor Buddhist, nor very Eastern, and a few aren't too safe either. Would you be interested, or would you prefer to stick within your current paradigm?
J Adam G, modified 14 Years ago at 10/21/09 12:07 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 10/20/09 11:53 PM

A more traditionally Buddhist description of something very similar (which in my opinion is really the same thing) can be found here, if you're interested in that sort of thing: Middle-Length Discourses of the Buddha, number 19.

Scroll up to the paragraph above the one the page loads at, and it will look very familiar: It's the formula for the first four jhanas, followed by the description of the Buddha viewing myriad past lives. The Buddhists consider things like accessing the Akashic Records to be a form of siddhi, and the fourth jhana has traditionally been considered the base that the siddhis are operated from. I've heard it said that this tradition goes back to the Visuddhimagga, but I think that this sutta indicates otherwise. The use of the fourth jhana to access "knowledges" then probably dates back to the time of the writing of the biography of the Buddha's enlightenment at the very least, and if the description is historically accurate, then to the time of the Buddha himself or earlier. At any rate, historical concerns aside, the fourth jhana and similar concentration states have been used for this kind of thing ever since, so they probably work really well.

More modern instructions would be found in the concentration section of MCTB, which is here, about halfway down the page. Where it talks about formulating your goal in Buddhist Magick, your goal would be accessing the Akashic Records. You said you had pretty good concentration skills (jealous! clearly, I lack both concentration AND mudita) so the formular presented should work pretty well. If not, then I'm sure someone here can help you with this! You have the concentration it takes (or the ability to develop it) so it should just be a matter of getting the mechanics right so that you actually have the experience of accessing the AR.
Jeremy May, modified 9 Years ago at 8/12/14 11:44 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/12/14 11:44 PM

Yes!  By using your focus, you can 'wonder' and pull from the nondual.  The way to begin to recognize the information is to practice mindfulness on that which you know is mind-made and that which isn't.  When focused upon with enough intent, the information can be understood as an impression.  Pulling information from the impression is possible but if mindfulness slips, imagination can seep in.  The more specific the knowledge, the more likely it will be partly wrong, as the records are not written in words or symbols, but in understandings.  One does not need enlightenment before this is possible.
Calixtus Ashley Wee, modified 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 1:15 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 1:15 PM

Hi everyone, I am Calixtus, he/him. I am a Taurus, I have been a seeker for a large part of my early life, which culminated when I was 18 with a Kundalini awakening. I was ultimately thrown down by my fellow classmates however, and entered a deep hell of great physical, emotional and mental pain and trauma. My life has been irrevocably scarred after that. However, I do have a relief, and it is in writing the truth of my early life, exploring what once was, but there is a problem. A lot of what I have thought up about my writings are lost to me, and I am wondering if I could use the Akashic Records, or as I call it, the Astral Library, to access this lost information, for which I sincerely request anyone with such an ability, to help me. Thank you!
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 1:35 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 1:35 PM

If you are looking for a physical reference point for that, I recommend you study any kind of map. For more spiritual needs, posting on the dharmaoverground can loosen non-local memories of the buddha. I am not any kind of guru or moderator on this site, by the way.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 3:49 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 3:49 PM

FYI, for those who are wondering:

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Akashic_records
Hector L, modified 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 10:28 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 10:27 PM

I was randomly googling on the internet what the heck lemuria was and found this story that describes akashic records as some kind of
books written in the past sent to the future. I have no idea about the provenance of the story but it was entertaining.

https://www.himalayanacademy.com/media/books/lemurian-scrolls/web/ch04_sec03.html
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 10:56 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 10:56 PM

Hector
I was randomly googling on the internet what the heck lemuria was and found this story that describes akashic records as some kind of
books written in the past sent to the future. I have no idea about the provenance of the story but it was entertaining.

https://www.himalayanacademy.com/media/books/lemurian-scrolls/web/ch04_sec03.html

I consider the Pali suttas as a kind of scroll that over time deepens one's understanding in a way that doesn't use rational thought. I am not sure what I meant by non-local memories of the Buddha, but there are times when I can put myself in his place where I wouldn't have been able to do that before. I can only suspect that posting here is one of the reason's that has happened, seeing people's opinions, deriving bliss and sukka from descussion, etc. But it's not all glamour, sometimes during psychotic moments I will recollect something about the Buddha that makes me want to laugh. I know this may sound odd or discouraging, but it is true.

Also, I say this in such a way that I want people to know that practice for one's liberation is not the end goal, rather it is finding salvation for all. These kind of thoughts or rememberances could potentially have to do with being on drugs at one time and looking for answers in the siddhis department. They do automatically make it easier to post over a span of time by deepening some kind of trance state, which is related to the training in concentration. 

Dietrich
Hector L, modified 2 Years ago at 7/31/21 2:24 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/31/21 2:24 PM

I had a discussion with a meditation teacher once about 'transpersonal moments' after having one. It's super weird the first time I had it
experiencing something like empathy or some one else's strong emotion for no reason at all. Plus I routinely have lucid dreams
of new places and people either via dreaming or going through the murk in meditation, so I don't think it's that odd.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 7/31/21 8:06 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/31/21 8:06 PM

I constantly have to reevaluate why I practice. Stream entry is often way too powerful and I often think that "unenlightened," "demented" elders are doing more than thought behind the scenes.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/1/21 12:35 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/1/21 12:35 AM

I think it's the three recollections: the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha

Breadcrumb