Red Light Kasina depth of field

Galyali Mahmut, modified 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 3:55 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 3:53 AM

Red Light Kasina depth of field

hello, sorry for my bad english translation.

I've been doing a red light kasina for 13 days.

on the 5th day of practical work. As a result of a total of 15 hours of work (piece, piece 15 hours.) while watching the purple clouds in the dark, I suddenly found myself in a thought. When I turned my concentrate gently into the dark area, a small yellow bright spot (nimitta) appeared right in the middle. The moment I focused on him, the space in front of me suddenly expanded. There was depth as if I was looking through VR glasses. I happily watched many yellow dots lined up on the live screen in front of me for 1-2 minutes without effort. then the yellow dots disappeared but my depth of field remained intact. It was a great event.

I don't know what stage this situation is, but it was a great experience for me. Even when I turned right in bed because I needed to sleep, this area was still intact.

Somehow, I decided to sleep with the thought that I have opened this area now. I thought that I could enter the same place the next day somehow. But it didn't. After this experience, I had about 17 hours of practice. I'm on the 13th day now and I still haven't been able to enter that area.

The best level I can go to right now: the dance of pale colors purple and phosphor green with each other.

now I can reach purple clouds in 20 minutes without using the kasina object.

I spend the rest of the session watching the dance of pale white bodies in this purple cloudy field.

I have 2 questions.
1. Why couldn't I reach the VR glasses level again?
2. I stay for 1 hour in the purple cloudy area. What should I do to make the transition? Should I be patient and keep watching?

Information about my practice:

Red Light Kasina
daytime : 1-2 hours
Night : 1-2 hours

Daily average: 3 hours of practice

The total time :

Day 13
35 hours 20 min.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

PS: I'm an aphantasic person. I cannot create a live image in my mind. my images are pale and unstable.

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 12:47 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 12:47 PM

RE: Red Light Kasina depth of field

8th jhana. Neither perception or non perception, piggybacking on the lower arupa and regular jhanas down to a mature third jhana. This means progress, but now you have to move on. You will have opportunities to move back to that state if you make or have made resolutions to that effect.

Hope that helps.
Galyali Mahmut, modified 2 Years ago at 9/1/21 4:20 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/1/21 4:20 AM

A. Dietrich Ringle
8th jhana. Neither perception or non perception, piggybacking on the lower arupa and regular jhanas down to a mature third jhana. This means progress, but now you have to move on. You will have opportunities to move back to that state if you make or have made resolutions to that effect.

Hope that helps.

thank you for the answer.
8. I don't think it's jana.
maybe 2nd jana.

Like the 2nd jana that fits Daniel's definition of jana?

The vr glasses area looks like a really cool area. I wish I could stay in that area forever.

How many more hours do I need to practice to get over the purple clouds?

I feel like I'm stuck in a field of purple clouds.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 3:57 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 3:57 PM

8th jhana? Why?
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 4:51 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 4:51 PM

Karmically induced maybe
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 7:50 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 7:50 PM

Karmically induced maybe

I was asking why you said it was 8th jhana. Can you explain, please? I'm curious.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 10:13 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 10:13 PM

I was speaking from personal experience perhaps, from "earlier in my practice". When different bardos open up. 8th jhana can serve as a segway for those with "highly attuned senses." Also, I was taking a break from Dzogchen and it was the first thing that came to mind
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 2 Years ago at 9/1/21 6:16 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/1/21 6:16 AM

I was speaking from personal experience perhaps, from "earlier in my practice". When different bardos open up. 8th jhana can serve as a segway for those with "highly attuned senses." Also, I was taking a break from Dzogchen and it was the first thing that came to mind

So you've experienced 8th jhana? Can you please describe what it was like?
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 10:32 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/31/21 10:32 PM

Galyali Mahmut
 hello, sorry for my bad english translation.

I've been doing a red light kasina for 13 days.

on the 5th day of practical work. As a result of a total of 15 hours of work (piece, piece 15 hours.) while watching the purple clouds in the dark, I suddenly found myself in a thought. When I turned my concentrate gently into the dark area, a small yellow bright spot (nimitta) appeared right in the middle. The moment I focused on him, the space in front of me suddenly expanded. There was depth as if I was looking through VR glasses. I happily watched many yellow dots lined up on the live screen in front of me for 1-2 minutes without effort. then the yellow dots disappeared but my depth of field remained intact. It was a great event.

I don't know what stage this situation is, but it was a great experience for me. Even when I turned right in bed because I needed to sleep, this area was still intact.

Somehow, I decided to sleep with the thought that I have opened this area now. I thought that I could enter the same place the next day somehow. But it didn't. After this experience, I had about 17 hours of practice. I'm on the 13th day now and I still haven't been able to enter that area.

The best level I can go to right now: the dance of pale colors purple and phosphor green with each other.

now I can reach purple clouds in 20 minutes without using the kasina object.

I spend the rest of the session watching the dance of pale white bodies in this purple cloudy field.

I have 2 questions.
1. Why couldn't I reach the VR glasses level again?
2. I stay for 1 hour in the purple cloudy area. What should I do to make the transition? Should I be patient and keep watching?

Information about my practice:

Red Light Kasina
daytime : 1-2 hours
Night : 1-2 hours

Daily average: 3 hours of practice

The total time :

Day 13
35 hours 20 min.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

PS: I'm an aphantasic person. I cannot create a live image in my mind. my images are pale and unstable.

Galyali,

There will be a solar storm peaking at level G-2 on Friday 3:00 am UTC time
​​​​​​​This is a perfect circumstance to explore boundless space using Vipassana if you are able.
Galyali Mahmut, modified 2 Years ago at 9/1/21 4:22 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/1/21 4:22 AM

All I do now is watch the movement of the purple clouds. I tried to change the color but no result.

Is there a formula to cross this area?
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 9/1/21 5:06 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/1/21 5:06 AM

Maybe take a week off from sitting Find other pursuits. Can you think of anything. If not just sit with your eyes open.
Galyali Mahmut, modified 2 Years ago at 9/12/21 10:48 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/12/21 10:48 AM

Hi my friend,<br /><br />Your advice seems to have worked. I worked with the open eye for a while, and I was able to separate the mind eye from the physical eye's perspective. Now I understand how to look into the dark. This has been an important development for me. Thank you for your advice.
Galyali Mahmut, modified 2 Years ago at 9/12/21 10:52 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/12/21 10:52 AM

Hello there,

I am on the 25th day of my work. Total working time : 52 hours.

I no longer struggle to see anything in the dark. I watch the dance of purple and yellow clouds. There is a lot of starburst and they disappear. I think I went to screen 2.

What I'm doing on the second screen is just watching.

I gave my heart to this job. I work at least 1 hour every day. I don't have a guide. That's why I'm sharing the developments here. Your ideas are important to me. Please help me cross this road quickly.

Is Daniel alive? If you are alive please say something. Please...

Breadcrumb