Stream entry and menstruation

Te Vu, modified 2 Years ago at 9/8/21 9:24 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/8/21 9:24 AM

Stream entry and menstruation

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, and I hope that I am not posting in the wrong category. 

My question stems from the recent experience I had during and after a retread I have recently completed.
So, I got stream entry on the first day, to my big surprise, and the experience was quite intense both physically and mentally.
What happened later is that my menstruation, which is normally very regular, is 2 weeks late and still pending. While I am not worried about anything being critically wrong, I suspect that there might be a link. I am wondering if any other ladies out there have had similar experiences while on the Path?
Of course, it could be that the disruption of my cycle is a consequence of something else (not pregnancy, unless immaculate emoticon ).

Thank you for your replies and I wish you peace and happiness!
Teodora
thumbnail
Sigma Tropic, modified 2 Years ago at 9/9/21 1:20 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/9/21 1:20 PM

RE: Stream entry and menstruation

Congrats! 
Eudoxos , modified 2 Years ago at 9/12/21 10:40 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/12/21 10:40 AM

Congratulations emoticon I am not a lady but I have been present at many interviews during retreats: irregular cycle is normal during intense practice any time & is especially common in adinava-ñana and around attainments. Never witnessed immaculate conception happening during Buddhist practice, though ;)
Te Vu, modified 2 Years ago at 9/13/21 3:52 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/13/21 3:52 AM

Thanks you!
And thanks for the reply. It is useful to hear that this does commonly happen. ...and that's just fascinating! emoticon I have actually had the opposite a couple of years ago, when I first tried mushrooms. My period had been irregular for a year as a conswquence of a severe burnout. After the shrooms, my period came the next day and stayed regular until now basically.
I haven't had enough psychedelic experiences since to make a case for empically based claims, but there is obviously a connection! Fascinating!

Breadcrumb