Collapsing Event

Kelly Gordon Weeks, modified 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 9:34 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 9:33 AM

Collapsing Event

Hello! My name is Kelly and I practice about 60 minutes per day. I typically practice shamatha, but I have done quite a bit of vipassana, emptiness, and compassion as well. Attainments can be sketchy but I believe I'm somewhere on the second or third path.

Currently, I'm coming out of an insight cycle. Concentration has been week for about a month but in the last few days it's become stronger again. I typically adjust my practice to what is possible at that time.

I have had an interesting collapsing event that has been occuring for several years now. It usually happens while in the jhanas, although exactly which jhana is unclear. This collapsing event usually takes about one second from beginning to end. There are no signs prior to the event that it's going to occur and after it feels like my experience has become more stable.

The collapse has a motion to it. It can happen clockwise, counterclockwise, backward, or forward. The clearest way that I can describe it is that if you were watching a movie and the camera man rolled the camera excatly 180 degrees left, right, forward or back. It's always 180 degrees marked with a definitive line. 

I have no idea what this. It typically happens about once every 8 to 15 sits, sometimes more, sometimes less. Never twice in one sitting. Any idea what this may be? A shift between jhanas, nanas, fruition?

​​​​​​​Thanks for your help!
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 10:04 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 10:03 AM

RE: Collapsing Event

Its a carrot on the stick dangled by Mara infront of our nose emoticon and we keep trying to reach it and grab it! emoticon 

​​​​​​​Best wishes Kelly! 
Kelly Gordon Weeks, modified 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 10:24 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 10:24 AM

RE: Collapsing Event

This made me smile. Thank you!

Breadcrumb