Anyone with "Gaia House work retreat" experience?

Johan J, modified 2 Years ago at 10/18/21 8:54 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/18/21 8:54 AM

Anyone with "Gaia House work retreat" experience?

Hi,

I am wondering how the Gaia House work retreats are? On Gaia House's website, they write: "A work retreat consists of five hours of physical work and at least four sessions of meditation a day. One day a week is set aside as a retreat day."

Is there somebody here that has been to one and can share their experience? Would you recommend it? How does it compare to a "normal" retreat? Does one strictly work 5h each day or is it more relaxed?

All the best,
Johan
Conal, modified 2 Years ago at 10/25/21 8:16 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/25/21 8:16 AM

RE: Anyone with "Gaia House work retreat" experience?

Hi Johan,

I see nobody has replied to you so I thought I'd say what I know about this (which admittedly isn't much!)  Daniel Ingram has mentioned a few times (in the Fire Kasina book, for example) working at Gaia House, so I expect he has done this, but it would have been quite a while back now.  He would probably respond if you e-mail him directly, or he may reply to this.

Anyway, I wish you well, and I would be interested to hear about it if you go on one, as I might do it myself someday.

Conal
Johan J, modified 2 Years ago at 10/30/21 6:59 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/30/21 6:59 AM

RE: Anyone with "Gaia House work retreat" experience?

Hi Conal,

Thank you for the reply and information of resources. I am actually going there in December. I will post my experiences of it here afterwards.

With metta,
Johan

Breadcrumb