Announcing a new book - The Awakening Project

Adi Vader, modified 2 Years ago at 11/21/21 10:15 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 11/21/21 10:14 AM

Announcing a new book - The Awakening Project

r/arhatship has been created.This subreddit is for those who believe that full and complete classical awakening is possible in this very life. Negativity is a huge hurdle on the way to Arhatship and this subreddit will actively clamp down on discouragement, bullying, and attempts to silence other people's voices. This subreddit actively discourages 'claims', it actively encourages 'statements' of attainments from contributors as long as they are backed up by very rigorous explanations of how those attainments were arrived at. It is a subreddit that welcomes everybody who speaks only and only from direct experience and the aspiration to gain direct experience. We like to hear from Yogis and not from textbook champions.I am going to use this subreddit as a vehicle to write my book, The Awakening Project. Others are welcome to share their own learnings that come from practice. Join me, we will gather around the Isigili mountain and howl at the moon. ;)

​​​​​​​https://www.reddit.com/r/Arhatship/comments/qywz6j/the_strategic_use_of_metta_meditation/

In service of Anuttara Samyak Sambodhi
The Arhat Adi Vader

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh Kundaliiiinniiiiiiiii
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​P.S. Ignore the Bombast emoticon
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 11/22/21 10:03 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 11/22/21 10:01 AM

RE: Announcing a new book - The Awakening Project

Cool initiative! I would join if I had the energy to engage with more forums (and if I also weren't a dinosaur who doesn't know how to use reddit).

Is it your experience that many people are negative here at DhO? If so, do you have any suggestions as to how we could deal with that better?

(I enjoyed the Bombast!)
Adi Vader, modified 2 Years ago at 11/24/21 6:24 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 11/24/21 6:24 AM

Hi Linda

My experience here on DhO is very limited till now. I have a couple of friends who keep logs, I come over to see if they have made any new entries and I participate in any thread I find where I can add some value or where the topic interests me. I have never personally experienced any negativity here at all. I believe that people who moderate / curate such communities are doing a great service to their fellow yogis and am always very appreciative! I believe you are one of the moderators here. Thanks a lot for enabling this community.

The communities on Reddit where I have participated before are also run by dedicated people. But the nature of those communities is such that they have gradually moved away from practice focus and direct experience towards discussing purely about theory and third person authority, rather than speak from inner authority. This happened over a period of time. One of the fall outs of this is that people influenced by dogma who wish to ringfence certain 'terms' and silence the voice of yogis are emboldened to do so. I find myself at odds with this and thus have created the kind of community which I have invited people to join. I have grand ambitions for this new reddit community but absolutely no expectations of success emoticon.

​​​​​​​Take care
I am very happy to know that you find my writing informative and explanatory. I look forward to engage more as a DhO participant. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 11/27/21 9:41 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 11/27/21 9:41 AM

I have never personally experienced any negativity here at all. 

That's really good to hear.

Yes, I am a moderator here, and I’m honored to be. I love the place.

I agree with you that speaking from direct experience is precious. Very best wishes for your project!
Adi Vader, modified 2 Years ago at 12/1/21 9:40 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 12/1/21 9:40 AM

After procrastinating for a while, I have begun writing my book: The Awakening Project.

This is the introduction to the book: https://www.reddit.com/r/Arhatship/comments/r6fntr/the_awakening_project_introduction/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

All subsequent chapters will be neatly daisy chained using hyperlinks. They arent written yet, but will be soon.
Adi Vader, modified 2 Years ago at 12/30/21 11:16 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 12/30/21 11:15 AM

This is chapter 1 of the book. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arhatship/comments/rs5ytz/the_awakening_project_chapter_1_a_theoretical/
Adi Vader, modified 2 Years ago at 2/3/22 3:45 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 2/3/22 3:45 AM

Breadcrumb