RE: Spirit rock teacher speaks openly about stream entry

thumbnail
Noah D, modified 2 Years ago at 1/8/22 4:15 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/6/22 11:00 PM

Spirit rock teacher speaks openly about stream entry

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-wisdom-podcast/id1037206422?i=1000543882197

​​​​​​​here's an interesting one. Somewhere past the 30m mark she describes going on a 1 month Spirit rock retreat , getting stream entry & having a 6 month honeymoon period. Cool to hear such candor from a "guiding teacher " of spirit rock.  I wonder if her zen background allows for more spaciousness around the POI as a map since not all her eggs are in one basket.

edit; this is Pam Weiss on wisdom podcast - edited title for clarity 
shargrol, modified 2 Years ago at 1/10/22 9:11 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/10/22 9:11 AM

Thanks Noah, this was a great listen during my recent car drive... it was wildly interesting that she spent so many years in Zen and then went on a one month vipassina retreat, experience cessation, and that really seem to be one of the biggest impacts in her practice career.

​​​​​​​
thumbnail
This very moment, modified 2 Years ago at 1/10/22 8:10 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/10/22 8:10 PM

She also had some experience with Mahamudra.   Lots of tradition cross pollination.  It is interesting because she doesn't mention any type of kensho experience in Zen.  Surely,  she had a whiff of it with all that sitting?  Perhaps she was just really ripe after all that practice moving to a different technique was enough to throw her into the stream. ( That wouldn't be the first time this has happened with teachers or those making their way to this forum)  You can almost hear the effects of the change in her voice when she talks about that experience.  It shook her to the core.   
I have listened to Daniel Aiken interview a bunch of practitioners from different traditions.  He is pretty familiar with all things Buddhist and is a very good interviewer IMHO.  

Breadcrumb