RE: Fire kasina solo retreat, looking for support.

azalea rees, modified 1 Year ago at 5/13/22 4:21 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/6/22 2:07 AM

Fire kasina solo retreat, would anyone like to join in?

Edit: 2 of us are interested in doing a several day remote retreat at the same time, comparing experiences. Would anyone like to join us?

​​​​​​​I started doing fire kasina meditation a month ago and find it very interesting. The visual feedback related to one's level of attention helps me stay focused. I have started experiencing some of the jhana factors for the first time ever and have been playing around with colors in the visual field. I'm interested in doing a retreat, possibly at home as I have not been able to find info about any group retreats. I know it is recommended that you have a teacher or someone more experienced to check in with who can help guide you and give feedback if needed. I'm not sure where to find help with this. I'd love to find a teacher or fellow solo retreat participants. Any feedback is appreciated. 
Steve Rudx, modified 1 Year ago at 5/8/22 1:36 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/8/22 1:36 PM

I would be interested in either option!  I had some great, totally unexpected results from this a long time ago!  I would like to try picking up where I left off, but with more community!  Thanks for asking the question!
azalea rees, modified 1 Year ago at 5/10/22 5:08 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/10/22 5:08 PM

Hi Steve, 
Thanks for your reply. If you would like to do an at home retreat at the same time as me that might be helpful to have someone to compare notes to. I'm off work Monday-Thursday each week so could do a retreat for that 4 day period any time. I have emailed one of the previous participants/teachers but have not heard back about whether they offer support or guidance. 
Steve Rudx, modified 1 Year ago at 5/11/22 12:12 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/11/22 12:12 AM

Hi Azalea, I should be able to rearrange my schedule, so we can syncopate.  I am currently in the Pacific time zone, how about you?  How would you suggest we do this - by zoom or signal or FaceTime?

I would prefer a more part-time schedule, unless you think we gain a lot from the intensity doing it 8 hours a day for 4 days straight?  It's been a long time since I've tried this, and that wasn't in a formal setting, so I might be behind the curve at the beginning.

It would be nice if we could get one or two other people to join in.  Do you have notes from your prior formal retreat which might be useful?
azalea rees, modified 1 Year ago at 5/13/22 4:16 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/13/22 4:16 AM

Hi, I am also in the pacific time zone. I agree that a more relaxed schedule would be good. I think I sat for maybe 5-6 hours with breaks during the retreat I recently attended and it was very challenging. Maybe 3-4 hours would work? I did save my notes from retreat that might be helpful. I feel most retreats are silent or mostly silent so it might be good to do that and communicate via email? What do you think? I have been listening to and reading the material on the fire kasina website. It is really interesting and helpful. Have you looked at that site? Do you remember your fire kasina experiences? What was it like for you? I might do a practice thread describing my experiences so far. I can modify the the title of this thread to see if anyone else would like to join in. 

Breadcrumb