RE: Audio prooflistening help with MCTB2 requested

thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 1 Year ago at 5/22/22 3:04 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/22/22 3:04 PM

Audio prooflistening help with MCTB2 requested

Thanks to the kind gift of my friend Josh, the audiobook of MCTB2 is being recorded by a nice guy named Joseph Miller, who has a fantastic voice, but he can't hear subtle background noises and other issues at this point, and so, as I have the skills to do audio prooflistening but not the time, I was wondering if there is someone here in the DhO community with top-notch ears and high audio standards who would be willing to volunteer to pre-listen to recorded chapter files and make sure they are top quality before sending them on to me to give final approval on or send them back to Joseph to fix before sending them on to me.

If you think your ears and time-availability are up for the task, do let me know. Thanks!

PS Like MCTB2, the audiobook will be freely available online as well as available for purchase. BTW, in case anyone is wondering what I do with the little bit of money I make from the book, I just sent money to a school for very poor and orphaned children in Bodh Gaya that needs a new well for drinking water, as the water table is now so low with the heat wave that it doesn't go deep enough to supply the need. So, if you volunteer to help with this, what money comes from it will go to good causes, as I give it all to useful dharma-related projects and helping people. Thanks!
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 1 Year ago at 5/22/22 4:03 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/22/22 4:03 PM

I'd do this but, as you know, my ear ain't so good.

​​​​​​​emoticon
thumbnail
Stirling Campbell, modified 1 Year ago at 5/26/22 3:38 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/26/22 3:36 PM

Hello Daniel,

I am a (now retired) audio engineer, until a few months ago employed within the University of California system, and have worked with and tidied up some high-profile audio archives. I still have the hadrware and software tools for this work. I am also thankful for your postings, MCTB and podcast interviews, and this would be a nice way to pay it forward. My only caveat is that I am mildly busy with my own dharma related sangha and practice. PM me if this "position" is still open and I'll share more info with you. 

Breadcrumb