RE: Strange happening

John Parameter, modified 1 Year ago at 6/21/22 1:11 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 6/21/22 1:11 PM

Strange happening

Hi, Im very new to all this but had a strange experience a week ago that I dont have any one to discuss with. I had taken Pharmahuasca (1 maoi capsule and 2 dmt capsules a bit later) and had a relatively straight forward trip. however, about half an hour after the effects had died down the second dmt capsule kicked in without me realising it (i thought both had kicked in around the same time) and it was as though my mind had suddenly been flipped, i find it difficult to describe but it felt like my mind had tripped over and accidentally fallen into a new way of operating. I realised that my emotions didnt have to depend on external reality and i had felt really scared (because i wasnt aware the second capsule had kicked in) but as soon as i thought im not scared it was like flicking a switch and i wasnt scared anymore. from then on it felt like i was tapped into a stream of pure contentment, like i could derive the same amount of pleasure from doing absolutely nothing than from doing the most pleasurable act imaginable. Im not usually the most acedemically motivated person but suddenly, the idea of studying for every waking hour felt as easy as *very easy thing* Its difficult to describe but this was the most pleasureable experience of my life and when the thought popped into my head that the feeling might fade, I didnt care, I thought that the change to my brain had happened and could not be undone. Now, the feeling of being tapped into a stream of everlasting contentment/bliss did fade within an hour but I definently feel like something has changed within me forever. Its like, before the change,  i knew what i want to do (study, learn, meditate etc) but didnt necessarily do it , but now i really know i want to do it and it feels much more easy to do them. I also feel really peaceful and less fazed by external events. Sorry if this account is a bit confused/difficult to read. Any Ideas what i might have experienced?
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 1 Year ago at 6/21/22 2:24 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 6/21/22 2:24 PM

Hello, John. Welcome to DhO.

The difficulty in knowing what happened to you is that it occurred under the influence of external substances. So it's hard to separate the influence of those substances and what might stem from other, internal influences. The result of your experience sounds positive, so I would suggest you do what you're driven now to do, study and meditate, and keep learning about yourself and how your mind works.
George S, modified 1 Year ago at 6/21/22 9:30 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 6/21/22 9:30 PM

I realised that my emotions didnt have to depend on external reality and i had felt really scared (because i wasnt aware the second capsule had kicked in) but as soon as i thought im not scared it was like flicking a switch and i wasnt scared anymore. from then on it felt like i was tapped into a stream of pure contentment, like i could derive the same amount of pleasure from doing absolutely nothing than from doing the most pleasurable act imaginable. 

The insight/experience is valid. I would suggest trying to get back to it without the substance and, if necessary, investigating whatever hinders you.
John Parameter, modified 1 Year ago at 6/22/22 4:23 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 6/22/22 4:22 AM

That makes sense Chris, I shall press on and keep an open mind. Thank you!
John Parameter, modified 1 Year ago at 6/22/22 4:26 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 6/22/22 4:26 AM

Thanks for your reply George. Yes, the plan is definently to try to reproduce the experience without substances, It felt like i had accidently stumbled upon something that should have taken more effort to find so I am motivated to put in the work now
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 1 Year ago at 6/22/22 4:49 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 6/22/22 4:49 AM

John Parameter
Any Ideas what i might have experienced?
yes -
https://www.mctb.org/mctb2/table-of-contents/part-iv-insight/30-the-progress-of-insight/4-the-arising-and-passing-away/

Good luck,
​​​​​​​~D