Office Practice

noam, modified 1 Year ago at 7/28/22 12:55 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/28/22 12:55 PM

Office Practice

I have a job that mostly involves sitting in a cube with no work to do.  I have work to do maybe 20% of the time.  At one time I tried to spend my downtime working, on the theory that there's always *something* to do.  Later I tried to spend my time reading ebooks, but I tended to skip from book to book and finally end up looking at twitter or something like that.  More recently I've been trying to spend my time meditating, counting my breaths, but this is also hard and again I pretty quickly become overwhelmed and end up eating, scrolling, listening to podcasts...usually two or three of those things at once.

I hope to get out of this job in the next year or so but who knows.  I've been here a long time.  Anyone else find yourself in a similar situation? How did you cope?
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 1 Year ago at 7/29/22 8:27 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/29/22 8:27 AM

RE: Office Practice

Funny, every job I've every had was ridiculously busy. Somewhere there is a happy medium between your experience at the office, and mine.
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 1 Year ago at 7/29/22 1:37 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/29/22 1:35 PM

RE: Office Practice

You might want to try donating your time on-line.

One way is to help proofread free e-books at project gutenberg. You don't have to read the whole book, you can proofread as few as one page in a book.

https://www.pgdp.net/c/  (scroll down to the heading "Volunteering")

Breadcrumb