Stefans Practice Log

Stefan G, modified 1 Year ago at 8/6/22 7:02 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/6/22 7:02 AM

Stefans Practice Log

Hi!

I have felt an urge lately to start a practice log here at this forum, just to reflect on my meditation practice, life and progress toward well-being in general ☺️

My practice has not been so formal during the years, so I also see this as a step in getting a bit more structure around my practice.

Best regards
Stefan  
Stefan G, modified 1 Year ago at 8/20/22 1:32 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/15/22 11:53 PM

RE: Stefans Practice Log

First short morning sit today (20-min) in a long time. Just trying to get "back to basics" focusing on the breath to start building up some concentration again. 

The "monkey mind" was quite present and it was almost impossible to focus on counting the breaths. Energy was also quite low. 

Overall not a "good" or pleasant sit, but my priority right now is just to get in to the habit again of meditating. 
Stefan G, modified 1 Year ago at 8/16/22 11:32 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/16/22 11:32 PM

Another short morning sit today. Dull/sleepy mind. Very difficult to get the right energy going. Again, just trying to get into the habit of meditating, so I'm happy that I did decide to sit ☺️
Stefan G, modified 1 Year ago at 8/20/22 1:28 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/20/22 1:28 AM

Did another 20-min sit this morning, with the intention to just gently focus on the breath.
I had much more energy today, and it was a easier and more pleasant sit. Started by a doing a quick body scan and committed myself to put all plans, worries, yesterday’s work, etc outside of this room just for a moment. I tried letting the breath to its thing, not me controlling it.
Started to count the breaths which was quite easy to do with focus up to ten. After settling in on the breath other thoughts, memories became more dominant. I was at least aware of when ”loosing” the meditation object. 
Still quite a ”distracted” mind as of now. Happy though that my energy was stronger today.
Stefan G, modified 1 Year ago at 8/24/22 11:27 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/24/22 11:27 PM

Another short morning sit. I had no energy or focus and a very sleepy mind.
I'm wondering if I should do some morning yoga before my sits, just to wake up the body a bit more. 
Stefan G, modified 1 Year ago at 8/30/22 11:31 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/30/22 11:31 PM

Decided to do a short metta session, focusing on my younger self.
Still some dullness/lack of energy in the sit. Concentration not that strong and I really tried to not push it too hard. It was hard to connect and the main "lesson" this sit was acceptance - relaxing in and letting the dullness, mind wandering and lack of "connection" be ok. 
Stefan G, modified 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 6:20 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 6:20 AM

Been ill for some time, so I've lost a bit of momentum in my practice. Did however manage to do a short sit during lunch today. 

My aim is still to get in to the habit of practicing again. Sat down with the intention of just focusing on the breath. I let the body do its thing with breathing and not me interfering too much ☺️ Counted to ten breaths a couple of times to get the concentration going. I also tried to focus on the sensations of the upper lip which worked quite well. 

Overall a pleasant sit, where the energy and concentration was quite good. 
Stefan G, modified 1 Year ago at 9/29/22 5:35 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/29/22 5:34 AM

Made room for a short metta meditation during lunch break today. Started with a quick body scan and just settling in. Perceived a initial resistance in engaging in the metta practice, but that quickly went away when I shifted the focus. Focus and energy was generally quite strong during the sit, with a few exceptions toward the end where I precieved some dullness/sleepiness. At least I was mindful when that kicked in ☺️

Breadcrumb