RE: Dream influencing

Ludvik Albrecht, modified 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 6:57 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 6:57 AM

Dream influencing

Hello, 

Here is an odd story that stucked with me to this day. 
Few years ago I was in my bed at my parents house and my parents bedroom being next to mine I was being able to hear my father moaning like he was suffering in tormenting nightmares. This is something that happened a lot with him but this day I decided to pray quite strongly to god (which I don't believe in anymore) that my father stops having nightmares and have extatic dreams instead. 

And, HOLY COW it worked : Like one minute after, he woke up suddenly out of his bed bursting out laughing for 10 minutes not really even being able to explain what was making him laugh. I've never seen my father laugh hysterically like that before. He is a very austere and silent person, popping out a smile or grin occasionally, always caught up in his thougths. 
It was probably his most joyful moment in like a decade or two...
It can seem trivial to an external person but still isn't for me to this day.

What happened ?
Did my intentionality really influence the course of his dream ? 
Was the physical proximity involved in the actualization of my intention/demand ?
How does it work ? 
George S, modified 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 7:14 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 7:14 AM

Is it possible that you were dreaming?
Ludvik Albrecht, modified 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 7:29 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 7:29 AM

I wasn't, I just got into bed and his moaning started before I went to bed myself. Part of the reason for this prayer was for me to find sleep because it was quite loud and disturbing. Also I remember it very clearly and my mother who was watching TV in the living room interrupted her watching because of him giggling like a madman without interruption walking around the house. 
I was 24 now I am 31 y.o.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 8:37 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 8:37 AM

I believe you.

I once dreamed the second half of my husband's (at the time) dream, the same night. When we woke up I told him about my strange dream that didn't make any sense on its own, and then he told me what he had dreamed and suddenly it made sense. 
George S, modified 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 12:04 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 8:47 AM

The way prayer works for me is that I pray for an experience and then the experience happens, but it's never exactly the experience I wanted. There's usually a twist which reflects the unconscious selfishness of my desire. Since I'm quite selfish I don't pray very often.

It sounds like it wouldn't have been any easier finding sleep after this prayer!
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 4:58 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/26/22 4:54 PM

Ludvik Albrecht
How does it work ? 

How it works, or how someone thinks it works, is not really as important as that it does work.

If it does work, you should use it to help people. Maybe you know other people who need some type of healing? Or is there a hospital in your town? You could take a little time every day to pray for the patients there.

https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/spiritual_healing

To those of us who know about this phenomenon, that fact that it is easy to do and the ability is widespread in the population makes the ignorance that people have about it truly bizarre. It's like the world is full of thirsty people who don't know that they can drink water to slake their thirst.
Rousseau Matt, modified 1 Year ago at 1/8/23 4:54 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/28/22 9:33 AM

Have you tried to reproduce this? You should try secretly with someone you are in close approximation with and journal your results. Maybe you have a knack for something that could be helpful and improve on it.      Ps the reason I say start secretly is because  if you tell somebody first,I think the power of suggestion would totally ruin the experiment 
​​​​​​​
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 1 Year ago at 8/28/22 3:38 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/28/22 3:38 PM

Breadcrumb