London DhO meet: 11th December 2011

L O, modified 12 Years ago at 12/10/11 11:06 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 11/10/11 6:46 AM

London DhO meet: 11th December 2011

Hello all,

The final London DhO meet of the year will be on 11th December at Vantra in Soho at 12 midday, which for now will be our permanent venue. From 2012 there should be a fixed date of the month too. The address of the venue is at the bottom of the post.

Anyone who has an interest in an open and investigative approach to awakening is very welcome. As such feel free to invite friends from different contemplative/enlightenment traditions and people who are dharma-curious. Lurkers on this site are also encouraged to come along or ask questions in this thread. If anyone would appreciate a gentle introduction to the group, then please PM me. I will be at Vantra early, around 11:45, to facilitate this. Also, if anyone has any accessibility or transport issues, we may be able to help.

The regulars represent a varied bunch at different levels of practice, with influences including U Ba Khin, the Thai Forest sangha, the Mahasi tradition, and AF. Discussion last time was very practical, touching on how to get into the samatha jhanas, retreat centres in the UK, suggested diagnosis of states and stages, meditation technique, integration, and other topics. Everyone commented on how face-to-face discussion was a great motivator. Multiple attendees will have recently come back from retreats too, so I anticipate some interesting conversation.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Moderators: could this be made a sticky until the meet ends, please? Thank you.

Vantra
11-13 Soho Street
London
W1D 3DJ

Tel: 020-7287-6060
Email: vantra.uk@gmail.com

(Opens from midday on Sundays)
L O, modified 12 Years ago at 12/10/11 8:51 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 12/10/11 8:51 AM

RE: London DhO meet: 11th December 2011

As no one can make this one, the next meet will be postponed to January. I'll post the date asap. Requests welcome.

Moderators, could you un-sticky this thread? Ta.

Breadcrumb