RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ?

Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Zeynel Abidin Balkancı 9/1/22 12:40 AM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Rousseau Matt 1/8/23 4:54 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Zeynel Abidin Balkancı 9/5/22 2:14 AM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Olivier S 9/5/22 3:08 AM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Zeynel Abidin Balkancı 9/6/22 4:29 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? J W 9/6/22 4:15 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Zeynel Abidin Balkancı 9/6/22 4:32 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Chris M 9/6/22 5:12 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? J W 9/6/22 5:22 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Zeynel Abidin Balkancı 9/9/22 1:07 AM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Chris M 9/9/22 8:51 AM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Zarbook ! 9/6/22 6:53 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Chris M 9/6/22 7:05 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Griffin 9/10/22 2:25 AM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Daniel M. Ingram 9/18/22 12:27 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Chris M 9/18/22 12:54 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Zeynel Abidin Balkancı 9/18/22 1:24 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Gus Castellanos 9/19/22 5:51 AM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Martin 2/28/23 11:03 AM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? finding oneself 3/8/23 11:04 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? J W 9/19/22 7:49 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? Zack Whitford 2/27/23 9:45 PM
RE: Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ? finding oneself 3/8/23 11:03 PM
thumbnail
Zeynel Abidin Balkancı, modified 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 12:40 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 12:39 AM

Would Daniel consider being a guest in Joe Rogan Experience podcast ?

Would he ? I think Joe would be unbelievably interested what Daniel would share about what meditation can do, both insight-wise and concentration-wise. He is interested in topics like psychedelics, human happiness in general and of course aliens emoticon . Also, Daniel and his work could be promoted to a high degree and continue to reach those people in seeking phase and help them as it did for all of us, since JRE podcast is number one podcast in terms of popularity.
Rousseau Matt, modified 1 Year ago at 1/8/23 4:54 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/2/22 4:46 AM

Hate to see him turned into a Deepak Chopra 
thumbnail
Zeynel Abidin Balkancı, modified 1 Year ago at 9/5/22 2:14 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/5/22 2:14 AM

Matt Jon Rousseau
Hate to see him turned into a Deepak Chopra 
Who ? Daniel ? How ?
Olivier S, modified 1 Year ago at 9/5/22 3:08 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/5/22 3:08 AM

Dear Zeynel,

This is an idea that has been tossed around a few times I believe. Do you ask because you have a way of connecting with Joe Rogan ?

Best wishes !

Olivier
thumbnail
Zeynel Abidin Balkancı, modified 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 4:29 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 4:29 PM

Olivier S
Dear Zeynel,

This is an idea that has been tossed around a few times I believe. Do you ask because you have a way of connecting with Joe Rogan ?

Best wishes !

Olivier

​​​​​​​Hi Olivier, no i dont have a connection,i am just a fan of the podcast and of course Daniel. Since Joe is really into psychedelics, and Daniel has a lot of magickal, archetypal, mystical experiences, i thought there would be an interesting conversation between them about how meditation can bring about these kind of transformative experiences, and also everyone who invests their time and energy with proper dedication, could experience them. I was reading and listening podcasts and audios about fire kasina and got really interested with all the stuff, and fantasized that if Joe and Daniel could speak about these topics to a much bigger audience it would be great. Sorry if the way i speak doesnt makes sense, English is not my native language, and i really suck at expressing myself with writing.
thumbnail
J W, modified 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 4:15 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 4:14 PM

I personally would hope that if such an invitation were extended, Daniel would refuse it.

​​​​​​​I think that what you are hoping such an interview would accomplish, in terms of bringing awareness to meditation, etc, is already being accomplished by the work Daniel is doing with the EPRC.
thumbnail
Zeynel Abidin Balkancı, modified 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 4:32 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 4:32 PM

J W
I personally would hope that if such an invitation were extended, Daniel would refuse it.

​​​​​​​I think that what you are hoping such an interview would accomplish, in terms of bringing awareness to meditation, etc, is already being accomplished by the work Daniel is doing with the EPRC.
Yes might be, but i think it would still be fun and wouldnt be any harm in it emoticon
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 5:12 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 5:08 PM

This isn't a bad idea, but it should focus squarely on the work of the EPRC and its purpose, not just on psychedelics and woowoo meditation experiences. That wouldn't do the mission of the EPRC and Daniel any good. It might actually be damaging.

Also, Rogan is a real wild card. I think there are more appropriate podcasts to target.
thumbnail
J W, modified 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 5:22 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 5:22 PM

Now Daniel being featured on The Tonight Show... THAT is something I would put my support behind emoticon 

​​​​​​​/s
thumbnail
Zeynel Abidin Balkancı, modified 1 Year ago at 9/9/22 1:07 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/9/22 12:27 AM

Chris M This isn't a bad idea, but it should focus squarely on the work of the EPRC and its purpose, not just on psychedelics and woowoo meditation experiences. That wouldn't do the mission of the EPRC and Daniel any good. It might actually be damaging. Also, Rogan is a real wild card. I think there are more appropriate podcasts to target.

Hi Chris, I agree that it should focus on something that has pragmatic value, but even to do that, Daniel would have to talk about wide range of meditative experiences and share his opinions, theories and observations because he have to explain why it is so important to accomplish this project. And Daniel is the most sane and intelligent person i have come upon when it comes to giving almost every experience and perspective its own due. I really cant believe how people like Daniel doesnt talk about these things to the whole fucking world for gods sake he is a beast both by his own experience and incredible amount of knowledge of other peoples experiences of this subject, meditation(almost every fucking kind of meditation),psychedelics,human experience,psychology.

Also, Daniel can handle the wild chap quite alright in my opinion. I dont know what exactly you meant when you said he is a "wild card" but i thought that you might be underestimating Daniel.

Sadhguru had a podcast with Rogan about his Save Soil movement, which is a great project if you ask me, he succesfully and very easily explained for an hour and a half why this is a "must be done" project. And in the remaining one hour and a half they talked about other stuff like human happiness,yoga,life in general and also aliens emoticon And not even one minute of the podcast was damaging to his reputation or his project in aaaaany way, believe me.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 1 Year ago at 9/9/22 8:51 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/9/22 8:51 AM

Rogan: I used the term "wild card" because he's unpredictable.

I'm not underestimating Daniel. I'm suggesting that Daniel and the EPRC carefully choose the venues they use to promote their mission.
Zarbook !, modified 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 6:53 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 6:53 PM

I bet we could get Daniel on in 2years if we  GoFundMe a hunting bow, an MMA gi, and a DMT rig.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 7:05 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/6/22 7:05 PM

60 Minutes segment

Any other legit news TV magazine show

An segment on an NPR radio show - not Car Talk :-)

emoticon
thumbnail
Griffin, modified 1 Year ago at 9/10/22 2:25 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/10/22 2:25 AM

Another idea: Sam Harris podcast
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 1 Year ago at 9/18/22 12:27 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/18/22 12:27 PM

Yes, curiously I have actually recently requested to be a guest on JRE, as will be driving right by Austin around Oct 10th or so on the tail end of a fundraising trip for Emergence Benefactors to California (Bay Area, LA/SoCal Area). Despite all the controversy around Joe, which is real and complicated, and about which I have very mixed feelings, he would reach audiences we haven't reached yet with information about the EPRC, and, as pointed out, we would have a whole lot to talk about that people would hopefully find empowering and engaging.

We have numerious other curious synchronicities, such as Crash having installed both of our FloatLabs float tanks in close temporal proximity, as well as numerous other interests, and having some strong opinions (however quite different) on COVID, the curious correlations between Fire Kasina and DMT experiences, etc., and both of us having a general interest in helping the public relate more skillfully to the deep end of transformative experiences, even if we don't see eye to eye on everything, which would make for interesting conversation, I believe.

For the EPRC to accomplish its broad, global goals, we must find way to build bridges when possible across a lot of diverse cultures and demographics.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 1 Year ago at 9/18/22 12:54 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/18/22 12:54 PM

For clarity - and information:  Float Labs
thumbnail
Zeynel Abidin Balkancı, modified 1 Year ago at 9/18/22 1:24 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/18/22 1:22 PM

Hi Daniel,
Happy to hear that this is something you want to make happen. What can i say, i am always very excited to see you speak.<br />Since i had a chance to contact with you, i really would like you to know that, i found your audios,journals and interviews from the retreats which you have done kasina practices, very helpful and extremely interesting. Listening to you dedicating your time and energy to delve into the mysteries of the practice, together with other practicioners, having fun, supporting each other. I would so want to be in that. I hope in future, external conditions would be suitable for me and what do you know ? Maybe it would happen.(Let us know if you come to Turkey ? just kiddin emoticon)

​​​​​​​Since you are the reason i am on the spiritual path, i would like you to know that I, want to become an arahant Daniel emoticon(Hey,dont get irritated with me you were the one who made me believed that shit is possible emoticon). I thought that you would be glad that your book has inspired one more person to get enlightened.
Gus Castellanos, modified 1 Year ago at 9/19/22 5:51 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/19/22 5:51 AM

Two Gen-X disrupters and influencers...should be interesting and fun
Martin, modified 1 Year ago at 2/28/23 11:03 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 2/28/23 11:03 AM

One selfish reason that I would love this to happen is that it would make an easily accessible explainer for my muggle friends.
thumbnail
finding oneself, modified 1 Year ago at 3/8/23 11:04 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 3/8/23 11:04 PM

I love that reason
thumbnail
J W, modified 1 Year ago at 9/19/22 7:49 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/19/22 7:46 PM

I certainly respect Daniel's openness and willingness to engage in conversation and discourse across diverse demographics, and introduce potentially beneficial information to many different audiences. And, if a JRE interview is what he wishes, then I hope it works out for him, as he's clearly given it more thought than I.

Rogan's audience is, of course, not quite representative of the public as a whole. It skews heavily male (72%) and heavily conservative. Not that this audience should be excluded from hearing what Daniel has to say - in fact I would imagine that the JRE viewership is already more likely to hear about MCTB and the EPRC than other demographic groups (we seem to have a few fans here on this thread! emoticon ), keeping in mind that DharmaOverground already skews quite heavily to the male side (as do many other Buddhist organizations as far as I can tell).

The goals of the EPRC are broad and global in nature - I take this to mean that they are equally appealing and attractive to people of all genders, political ideation and identification. If an interview was landed on JRE, that's potential for a lot of new people coming in, and those people will be more conservative on average than the general population, and they will be much more likely be male than the general population.
https://unherd.com/thepost/who-is-joe-rogans-audience

I'm not saying this is a problem or intrinsically bad in some way. I'm simply saying that it's worth saying, as it's worth saying that there will be overlap and association between the audiences of the EPRC, MCTB, and the DharmaOverground. That is to say, there is a high likelihood that someone involved and interested in the EPRC will be active and interested in the DharmaOverground/MCTB, and vice versa.

​​​​​​​As a benefactor to the EPRC, I am curious what other avenues, audiences, or demographics Daniel plans on reaching out to - whether it's through podcasts/interviews/advertising/etc - in order to accomplish its broad, global goals?
thumbnail
Zack Whitford, modified 1 Year ago at 2/27/23 9:45 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 2/27/23 9:45 PM

Oh please, you would rock Joe's world. I've wondered previously why this hasn't happened yet.

​​​​​​​He'd be doing retreats in no time.
thumbnail
finding oneself, modified 1 Year ago at 3/8/23 11:03 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 3/8/23 10:52 PM

Wow, I'm absoluetly thrilled this is being discussed.

I love Joe Rogan. I've been a fan of his for over 10 years now. He helped me "grow up", as A&P hit me when I was 20. Being a positive male role model at the time. He has played a huge and strange role in shaping culture. In the earlier days there were two kinds of JRE fans. Hippies, and meat heads. I was sitting in community college and was paired with this big looking dude with a beard and baseball cap... Something made me think "this guy is a Joe Rogan fan". And it turned out to be true! There we were. The sterotypical meathead and hippie sitting there. I was drinking my JRE inspired "bulletproof" yerba mate. Back then Rogan fans were rarer and specifically loved Rogan. Joe nearly always started each podcast with "hello friends" or "hello fucks" and ended it with "I love you guys". He really does. He really is a good guy. And people who know him IRL don't talk shit about him. There isn't any dirt on him. And 15 years after starting his, no scandals. I knew he was good, but know there is long term evidence for the public.

Good times... 

One of Joe's best friend's is Duncan Trussel. He is Joe's better half, hippie-friend. Duncan knew Ram Dass and has appeared on Raghu Marcus' podcast several times. If you guys want to laugh, I suggest looking into all the Duncan episodes. 

Joe constantly reminds people not to take him seriously, he literally tells "dick jokes" for a living.

When I read Daniel's post my jaw dropped. It gives me chills. If this cross over happens all my friends and my brother will be exposed to it.  It's actually kind of nuts how many crazy fringe and niche topics are discussed on the show. I'm mainly thinking of Graham Hancock, and the series of UFO podasts including several guests especially since 2019 after Bob Lazar came on. I'm sure there are other topics I'm forgetting. I never actually thought I would see this day. I know Joe would be enthralled by listening to Daniel.

Breadcrumb