Being alive.

thor jackson, modified 1 Year ago at 11/17/22 12:10 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/17/22 11:58 AM

Being alive.

I live alone. I am not lonely. I enjoy my own company enough that I don't need others to fulfill my needs. I don't need the acceptance of others to justify my existence or my identity, such that it is. Most people dont feel this way. I am not "antisocial". I can enjoy the company of others if they meet certain requirements. The saying "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell." springs to mind, and in my present circumstances is very valid.
The point I want to make is, that nothing is more awe inspiring than the universe we see at night (providing you don't have light pollution). Forget the seven wonders of the world. Forget the most impressive cathderals. There is nothing more awe inspiring than looking out into an infinite universe.
Yes, it is infinite in size and age. The big bang, if it even happened, was a localised event. A small event. 
More importantly, the whole concept of this universe even existing is amazing! People talk about important religous events or incredible manmade structures but the most incredible thing that ever existed, surrounds us all the time, more obviously during the night.
You would be surprised at the amount of people that do not even acknowledge that the night sky exists. They go outside and do not even look at it, even though, it is the most incredible aspect of our existence. It should be venerated in society. The shear magnitude of it's size and scope is beyond comprehension, and yet people treat its exsistence as a common occurance, or worse, an insignificance.  

I smoke rollups. But the place I live in does not allow smoking, so I have to go to my window and open it each time I smoke. This action has made me look at the night sky a lot recently. It is making me focus on my situation in the grand scheme of things.
Does anything else make us do that automatically?
George S, modified 1 Year ago at 11/17/22 1:04 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/17/22 1:04 PM

RE: Being alive.

The point I want to make is, that nothing is more awe inspiring than the universe we see at night
How about the mind which perceives/creates it?!
thor jackson, modified 1 Year ago at 11/17/22 1:20 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/17/22 1:20 PM

RE: Being alive.

Sure, if you can see that mind objectively.

Breadcrumb