RE: Ethics of Sonic Voyuerism

thumbnail
Taylor Horne, modified 1 Year ago at 11/17/22 3:52 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/17/22 3:52 AM

Ethics of Sonic Voyuerism

Greetings people of Dharma Overground!

I caught myself earlier tonight with my crown chakra activated, drawing up energy into my feet, scanning frequencies with the intent to tune in to some folks having a good time in bed. I have done this previously with little awareness, but having recently read the powers chapters in MCTB I was particularly aware this go around. 

Looking into my past, I can remember other similar moments. I seem to have the ability to tune in to various goings-on in the soundscape if I want to, which is pretty cool! 

What's not cool was realizing the questionable ethics of my use of this ability. Ironically, I am paranoid of being listened to in bed, and I have often joked with my girlfriend that she's a succubus. Turns out I'm the one listening to folks make love, and an incubus to boot. 

I've decided to refrain from intentionally, consciously engaging in this activity in the future, at least without the consent of my voyueristic subjects. 

I also find this entire situation to be quite funny, as well as fascinating. What other things are going on beneath the level of conscious awareness???
Rousseau Matt, modified 1 Year ago at 1/8/23 4:54 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/19/22 9:30 AM

Respectfully ,it is more likely  ,you are misunderstanding something  than have makick powers 
thumbnail
Griffin, modified 1 Year ago at 11/20/22 5:18 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/20/22 5:18 PM

How can you know that you are hearing real people and not doing something that Jung called "active imagination" (a technique he used for producing very vidid imaginary scenarios while being awake)?

Breadcrumb