Flickering Eyelids

Ivan Perez, modified 1 Year ago at 4/23/23 2:44 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 4/23/23 2:44 PM

Flickering Eyelids

context: ostensibly crossed a and p on retreat abt two months ago. I think I'm in disgust right now(following MCTB insight map). Lot going on in life currently but sitting abt one hour everyday, usually fragmented in to two to three sits. during which i feel the quick flickering of sensations, usually around the nostrils(that's where I concentrate on the breath). kinda feeling horrible. mind=repetetive and inescapable. feel somewhat detached from everything. sense of self fading? 

question: frequently felt rapid pulses on eyelids, sometimes accompanied by actual physical spazzing and flickering. I've just found that if I look upward while they flicker my eyes go crazy, convulsing everywhere rapidly like I'm possesed. kinda felt good. kinda felt weird. is there anything to read into there? any practical integration into practice? should i just ignore it and pretend it never happened? 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 1 Year ago at 4/24/23 4:57 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 4/24/23 4:57 AM

RE: Flickering Eyelids

It's one of those temporary things that can happen. Personally I find that flickering of eyelids have happened when being on the verge of a different state while still having a lingering sense of duality. Just relax into it without turning it into a thing. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 1 Year ago at 4/24/23 5:04 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 4/24/23 5:04 AM

RE: Flickering Eyelids

Before I started a systematic meditation practice, I frequently used this as a cheat code to "reboot". I found that it helped me letting go of current tensions and mental distress and that it felt good. However, since I got into my practice, that fell away. It still happens occasionally in pleasant activities with maintained duality. I consider it a trance state.