The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP) and meditation progress

thumbnail
Paul Fears, modified 11 Months ago at 5/9/23 6:42 PM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/9/23 6:42 PM

The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP) and meditation progress

Hi all.

I used to have a dedicated magickal practice where I was doing the Lesser Banishing (and Invoking) ritual of the Pentagram and Hexagram. I did this daily at least for over a year, maybe two. One day I was sitting down in meditation after doing these rituals and later when I opened my eyes, I noticed this mist or smoke surrounding me. I thought I left incense or something burning, but when I went to check the burner, there was no incense there. I noticed this mist repeatedly for some time, but as I shifted away from magickal practice to stritctly meditation, I started to lose interest in the mist and awareness of it diminished. Although if I look for it, I can still see it. It's like a bunch of tiny little particles moving in a smoke like manner and there does to be a grayish hue. Sometimes they even seem to take shapes like beings or bodies, but I could totally be rorasching it. Does anyone have this experience of the mist? I'm wondering if this is a phonomenon experienced during meditation for some of us or if there is any precedent for this in sutra or tantras? On a podcast I remember Daniel mentioning something attainment of siddhis, from ritual magicians he knew, practicing the LBRP. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to include these rituals back into my meditation practice. 
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 11 Months ago at 5/9/23 8:20 PM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/9/23 7:57 PM

RE: The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP) and meditation prog

Paul Fears
Hi all.

Does anyone have this experience of the mist? I'm wondering if this is a phonomenon experienced during meditation for some of us or if there is any precedent for this in sutra or tantras?

Could other people see the mist?
What was the lighting like in the room?
Could you tell if the mist was originating from any particular location?
thumbnail
Paul Fears, modified 11 Months ago at 5/9/23 11:39 PM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/9/23 11:39 PM

No, no one else could see it. Not to my knowledge. It didn't seem like it came from a particular location. It was wherever I looked. I had the feeling like it's always there, but I never paid attention to it. 
thumbnail
Kaloyan Stefanov, modified 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 6:11 AM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 6:11 AM

Hi Jim, my experience with LBRP and other magickal practices is that they can have profound effects on our experience. Experiencing a mist or other "non-consensus visual" phenomena (let's assume it wasn't part of anyone else's consensus experience) is totally possible. 

What does the mist mean for you? Did it have any specific symbolism or intuitive meaning as the experience was happening?
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 6:48 AM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 6:48 AM

Kaloyan Stefanov
... Experiencing a mist or other "non-consensus visual" phenomena (let's assume it wasn't part of anyone else's consensus experience) is totally possible. 

I know.

But a mist that other people can see that comes out of your body and is degraded by visible light is also a real "occult" phenomena so I wanted to know which it was.
thumbnail
Paul Fears, modified 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 8:48 AM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 8:48 AM

Kaloyan Stefanov

What does the mist mean for you? Did it have any specific symbolism or intuitive meaning as the experience was happening?

Hi Kaloyan. It didn't have any specific meaning in the moment. I later thought it might be the veil between the physical and the spirit world thinning, the veil meaning my solid, narrow focus on material reality becoming more transparent.
thumbnail
Paul Fears, modified 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 8:59 AM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 8:59 AM

Jim Smith
I know.

But a mist that other people can see that comes out of your body and is degraded by visible light is also a real "occult" phenomena so I wanted to know which it was.
Oh I don't think it was anything like that. But what exactly is the phenomena you're talking about?
thumbnail
Paul Fears, modified 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 9:00 AM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/10/23 9:00 AM

Okay clealry I'm still learning how to reply with quotes properly lol!

Breadcrumb