Breakthrough (of some sort) Just Now

Matthew Wight, modified 12 Years ago at 1/17/12 4:24 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/17/12 4:23 AM

Breakthrough (of some sort) Just Now

I know probably after reading this you guys will think I've lost my mind, maybe I have. I just woke up from an in between sleep/waking state in which I was meditating in my dream.

When I woke up my body felt like I was covered in pounds of a black tar, a deep humming and vibration was so loud I could barely hear anything else, and it was like I was moving in slow motion.

Literally when I tried to bend down towards the ground I felt resistance that acted against gravity.

There were red lights coating the inside of the walls like they were glowing red, and reality fluctuated for about 5 seconds in which reality reacted to my thoughts, the cats in the house started going absolute bat shit.

I wasn't anywhere near an area where dishes fell and broke, nor were the cats on the counter to knock them off.

The other person here where I am staying woke up as well as if having a nightmare.

I am still pretty shaken up, I am still biting my finger to try and determine if I am dreaming.

Not sure what to make of it.
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 12 Years ago at 1/17/12 6:17 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/17/12 6:17 AM

RE: Breakthrough (of some sort) Just Now

Hallucination of some kind, maybe A&P.

It'll pass, there's nothing to make of it :-)

If it happens again, have fun and relax.
thumbnail
Jake , modified 12 Years ago at 1/17/12 5:56 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/17/12 5:56 PM

Matthew Wight:
I know probably after reading this you guys will think I've lost my mind, maybe I have. I just woke up from an in between sleep/waking state in which I was meditating in my dream.

When I woke up my body felt like I was covered in pounds of a black tar, a deep humming and vibration was so loud I could barely hear anything else, and it was like I was moving in slow motion.

Literally when I tried to bend down towards the ground I felt resistance that acted against gravity.

There were red lights coating the inside of the walls like they were glowing red, and reality fluctuated for about 5 seconds in which reality reacted to my thoughts, the cats in the house started going absolute bat shit.

I wasn't anywhere near an area where dishes fell and broke, nor were the cats on the counter to knock them off.

The other person here where I am staying woke up as well as if having a nightmare.

I am still pretty shaken up, I am still biting my finger to try and determine if I am dreaming.

Not sure what to make of it.

Boy, some of the symptoms sound like partial waking paralaysis followed by some kind of astral projection or astral vision. The latter, and lucid dreams, have been connected in my experience to waking paralasys and the buzzing sound etc. Also, was there a sinister vibe in the air during the whole thing? If so, further evidence of some kind of hypnagogic astral thingy.

So, yeah, what Bruno said ;-) No big deal. Keep on keepin' on.
-Jake
Matthew Wight, modified 12 Years ago at 3/13/12 10:24 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 3/13/12 10:24 PM

I started seeing someone and she spent the night, she experienced the same things I did again, without me coaching her or telling her about my experience. I played it off like she had a bad dream but when she told me what she experienced it was the exact same thing I had.

It seems to manifest only in the state in between waking and sleeping.

Not sure what to make of a hallucination that affects more than one person.
thumbnail
Greg H, modified 12 Years ago at 3/15/12 1:54 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 3/15/12 1:54 PM

Hello Matthew,

While I have no technical idea of what happened. I just wanted to let you know that when my wife and I were first dating we had something similar happen. She woke up after what she felt was a night terror and proceeded to explain in detail the exact same thing that I had experienced in my dream. In this case it was some shadowy figure whispering and then screaming at me from beside the bed and then further into the darkness.

We never really gave it much more thought, other than it was really creepy. At the time, I was not practicing any sort of meditation and it was a new relationship.

It did scare the crap out of me as she started explaining it though. We have never had it happen since that I am aware of, but it is somewhat comforting to know it happens to others and we are not entirely nuts.

It makes me wonder if people who are in intense emotion situations together (like a new relationship) don't establish some kind of "sync" mentally.

Breadcrumb