Has Peter of AF Trust resigned as director?

Change A, modified 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 1:59 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 1:59 AM

Has Peter of AF Trust resigned as director?

By some accounts, Peter has resigned from his post of director at Actual Freedom Trust.

Reason for this may be that all the directors of the trust are free of malice and sorrow and they are happy and harmless. What else could it be?
Change A, modified 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 2:30 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 2:30 AM

RE: Has Peter of AF Trust resigned as director?

Peter's journal is "presently not available", not even the e-book. Paperback version presently out of print.

Those who already have the prized possession should take good care of it. Who knows it may gain in value in future.
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 4:27 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 4:07 AM

Aman A.:
Peter's journal is "presently not available", not even the e-book. Paperback version presently out of print.

Those who already have the prized possession should take good care of it. Who knows it may gain in value in future.

Aman, get back to your bodhicitta practice. It is worth it. You seem to be leaning more so towards trying to blow cannon holes in the actualis to sink it rather than talking practial means to get advice, or give it here at the DhO. Many AF informed practices and experiences associated are here to stay (and may change names in future) and they will continue to inform many yogis practices.

I wouldn't think this tendency to post again and again about your disdain for actualism and Richard is conducive for the path you have have talked of taking. Does this help your practice at all? Really? How do all these anti-actualist posts help you practice? I know this is the appropriate forum section for this type of post, but you seem to be on a mission that really does not gel with the practical bent of the DhO. Why are you here? Infinite zero/Aman, what do you gain from all of this?

This type of post really belongs on the actual freedom yahoo list where people go ape shit on Richard and co. It has nothing to do with dharma. Can anyone tell me why this is important to them?

Edit: **re-read with a gentle calm standard aussie accent with a slightly cultivated twang if you projected that it sounded angry or agitated**

Seriously curious,

Nick
Change A, modified 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 5:02 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 5:02 AM

If you are not going to change by what I post here then why you think that I will change by what you have to say about my posts?
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 5:11 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 5:08 AM

Aman A.:
If you are not going to change by what I post here then why you think that I will change by what you have to say about my posts?

Could you re-phrase that question, Aman? What am I not going to change? I'm hoping you start to add more practice orientated posts to this practice orientated forum sharing your actual practice rather than the constant anti-af posts. It gives the impression you don't really practice anything.

Why are you here?
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 12:28 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/26/12 12:28 PM

Just as this place is not a place to list gossip about who did or didn't go on some retreat, who subscribed or unsubscribed to what journal, who joined or left some online discussion site, who is or isn't now on the board of whatever retreat center or institution, who just lead a retreat where, who just had a spat or disagreement, who just made up, who just became a monk, who just disrobed, who got married, who got divorced, just so the little details of the membership of one of the thousands of practice groups or mediative traditions or whatever obscure little social scene (such as a few people on a boat in Nowhere, Australia) is out there is the sort of stuff that, were someone to be really into posting about all of that, would just clog a forum that happens to be dedicated to practice and its support rather than the comings and goings and petty politics of persons in social groups or institutions or whatever. Simply to list the persons who have joined this small, obscure website and later left over some disagreement or whatever would be enough to flood the board, much less the petty politics of other groups or organizations.

Perhaps you should start a site dedicated to those things, as it is easy to do and you clearly have an interest, there very well may be people just like you who do also, and they would probably appreciate the fact that they wouldn't have to wade through a whole bunch about practice and serious meditation discussion to get to what they considered the relevant details of the meditation world gossip, thus providing efficiency all the way around for us and for you and them.

This is a polite way of me saying to not do it here. If you can some up with some relevant practice implication of whatever, say that. Otherwise, elsewhere, please.

Thanks,

Daniel Ingram
Founder, Owner, Administrator and Moderator of the DhO

Breadcrumb