Practice blog

Johnny Froth, modified 12 Years ago at 1/27/12 9:36 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 1/27/12 9:35 PM

Practice blog

I know there's a category for logs on DhO, but I'll probably keep more on mine than just a simple log. It's here, FWIW: http://buddhalamadingdong.blogspot.com/. If anyone else keeps such a blog, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

jf
Johnny Froth, modified 12 Years ago at 2/3/12 9:30 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 2/3/12 9:30 AM

RE: Practice blog

End of week three and I've posted about some minorly curious effects on another thread. But in the meantime, a quick question:

Is there an equivalent in meditation, to overtraining in physical exercise? Is it possible to do too much (for any given current ability), thereby finding that the effort is either ineffective or possibly even counterproductive?
End in Sight, modified 12 Years ago at 2/3/12 10:12 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 2/3/12 10:12 PM

RE: Practice blog

Johnny Froth:
Is there an equivalent in meditation, to overtraining in physical exercise? Is it possible to do too much (for any given current ability), thereby finding that the effort is either ineffective or possibly even counterproductive?

Interesting that you ask that, as I was thinking about it by coincidence also. My experience is, as long as the practice is being executed well, there isn't this possibility; it is possible to go faster than you like, and run into all kinds of uncomfortable stuff, some of that uncomfortable stuff possibly being your brain trying to adapt rapidly to meditation, but that's a separate issue.

Breadcrumb