Shiva's Goenka Practice Log

Shiva R Wheeler, modified 12 Years ago at 3/7/12 12:57 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 3/7/12 12:57 PM

Shiva's Goenka Practice Log

Hi All,

Yesterday I posted my limited experience (10 day course and 2 weeks of sitting 2 hours a day) and was encouraged to post a practice log for feedback in my journey toward enlightenment. So here goes number 1:

60 minute sit this morning. Set timer and was astonished when it went off.

Began with scanning the body part -by- part and experienced tingling sensations (in many places, mostly in the face), patches of numbness and occasional "shooting" contractions that varied in length of time on differing parts of the body. The sit became more spacious and I seemed to dissolve and be without a center. I felt "cool" (temperature), "bubbly", wave like sensations from head to toe which seemed accentuated with each inhale and exhale. I began scanning "inside" the body and found it also "tingling", "porous" and "dense" in other places. Though there were feelings of exhilaration, I affirmed to stay in equanimity. At least twice, I felt like was losing balance and jerked myself upright.

There seemed to be long periods of subtle, subtle vibrations almost close to nothing happening.

I was aware of mental wonderings mostly into fantasy and was able to bring the awareness back to sensations. On occasional, I was annoyed by external noise of someone taking.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Shiva
thumbnail
Eric B, modified 12 Years ago at 3/7/12 6:29 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 3/7/12 6:29 PM

RE: Shiva's Goenka Practice Log

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for doing this practice log. I look forward to hearing about the Goenka method.

Eric

Breadcrumb