Imminent Kundalini event?

Brother Pussycat, modified 12 Years ago at 4/3/12 3:42 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 4/3/12 3:42 AM

Imminent Kundalini event?

For the past few weeks I've felt a nigh-constant pain in the lower spine and pelvis; now it has mostly changed into a burning. At times this burning will dissolve into a pleasant warmth along the spine, but this is rare. I've never felt anything like that before and I guess this could be Kundalini stirring (then again I could simply be ill...)

Anyway, I've decided to prepare for the worst. I read this thread (secret smile, the three amigos, grounding diet,standing meditation) and the instructions for the Microcosmic Orbit here (are they ok, btw?)

Anything else I should take into account? I'm quite nervous about the whole thing...
thumbnail
Zyndo Zyhion, modified 12 Years ago at 4/5/12 7:02 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 4/5/12 7:02 AM

RE: Imminent Kundalini event?

I've studied tantra and Mantak Chia's Micro Cosmic Orbit. I can't cure you of cancer and I don't do shaktipat, though one of my teachers of tantra would probably still empower and give me permission to give shaktipat in his tradition if i wanted, which is from Muktananda.

To I've hung out in a lot of tantric groups and discussed these kinds of issues. In my opinion Kundalini opening is either Samadhi based or Vipassana and the distinction between the two is often really hard to determine. Spring Forest Qi Gong, is really good by the way. When things get heavy in the dark night keeping up Chi/Qi practices or Pranayam/Samadhi practices can really help, especially when you don't know what the fuck is going on and where to go next.

Trying to feel energy and make stuff move when its not there doesn't work so well, but doing a Goenka or Vipassana Retreat or watching the breath and increasing concentration/samadhi can really open the Kundalini. Yeah, the panting of pranayam will get you high, but its more of an oxygen high until you become sensitive to the energy. And visualising energy that you can't feel, will increase your concentration, assuming you don't get a headache or fustrated trying to feel the energy. Its the attention to sensations in Vipassana that can make u aware of energies or the development of concentration on the breath will bliss you out and once your really bliss out from samadhi or vipassana you begin to become aware of these energies naturally. Not saying stop the Qi Gong just putting it in perspective.
Neem, Metta.
thumbnail
Michael O Hartigan, modified 11 Years ago at 5/29/12 11:54 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 5/29/12 11:54 AM

sounds like kundalini pushing through the brahma granthi, the knot at the base of the spine

it will do what it does and the less you fight it the better. I would suggest getting some good books on kundalini and reading up so you have a framework for some of the experiences that might happen to you. i liked "Kundalini the Energy of the Depths" by Silburn, Lilian although it is written from the point of view of Kashmir Shaivism. That being said there really isn't much Buddhist literature, and Kashmir Shaivism is a wonderful nondual philosophy at that which i highly encourage you to explore in your kundalini studies.

I would avoid an online forum called AYP (aypsite.org) which gives free kundalini counselling. I have seen a lot of complaints about them and their so-called advice.

I would practice the microcosmic orbit, and agree with neem that spring forest is awesome qigong. Keeping your tongue against the palette of your mouth (the roof) as much as you can is something i often see advised.

You can look into shaking practice too, to loosen the energy in the knots and blockages up and stimulate energetic breakthroughs.

have fun with it, the discomfort passes emoticon
Brother Pussycat, modified 11 Years ago at 5/31/12 8:31 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 5/31/12 6:02 AM

Thanks to both of you. Actually, the whole thing simply went away one day, about two months ago, and I don't remember feeling it since, at least not strongly. I can't feel it at all right now. Talk about an anticlimax, but also a relief.

Mucho metta,

BP
thumbnail
Michael O Hartigan, modified 11 Years ago at 6/8/12 12:51 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/8/12 12:51 PM

yeah that can happen emoticon

Breadcrumb