Richard & co. dissociate themselves from Tarin

thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 9:40 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 9:40 AM

Richard & co. dissociate themselves from Tarin

I thought it fascinating to read through this link: AF page, public announcement 6 and 7.

Where Richard finds a narrative to explain Tarin's retracting of his claims of attaining AF.
thumbnail
Yadid dee, modified 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 10:32 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 10:32 AM

RE: Richard & co. dissociate themselves from Tarin

Bruno:
I thought it fascinating to read through this link: AF page, public announcement 6 and 7.

What do you find fascinating about it?
Personally I find it quite long and tiring..
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 1:28 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 1:25 PM

I somehow expected it to happen. It fits well with a pattern I have detected in Richard's speech, and in euphoric-dissociative behavior in general, my own included. If something bursts your bubble, or comes close to that, you cover it up or push it away. One way of doing this is "making an excuse" that keeps your euphoria sufficiently intact (see "Rationalization on wikipedia). Tarin's retraction becomes much more acceptable to Richard if it just so happens that Tarin's attainment is flawed after all.

I suspect that he was browsing the DhO for hours with the sole (perhaps unconscious) intent of coming to the conclusion that Tarin & friends are in the wrong. When he found something to his satisfaction he wrote a very large text to set it in stone (apparently a work in progress with several more sections yet to be published).

What I found fascinating is the amount of trouble Richard goes through, the amount of energy he invests, in order to sustain his fabrications. Being myself naturally prone to something along the lines of what he manifests (euphoria/megalomania/messiah complex/dissociation), I feel that I understand him very well, and even sympathize with his condition. But I find it is a lot of trouble over some cheap energetic thrill, and for me things fall apart very easily (after which the disadvantages of that kind of functioning are very painfully obvious).
thumbnail
Yadid dee, modified 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 1:32 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 1:32 PM

Bruno Loff:

I suspect that he was browsing the DhO for hours with the sole (perhaps unconscious) intent[...]

Yep:
AF Website:

Richard searched for three more hours, reading every instance in which the words ‘pure intent’ appeared on the buddhistic ‘Dharma Overground’ forum[...]
Change A, modified 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 4:21 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 5/20/12 3:47 PM

Bruno Loff:
It fits well with a pattern I have detected in Richard's speech, and in euphoric-dissociative behavior in general,............

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/actualfreedom/message/10738

Richard (Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:18 pm): "Ha, yes, I am indeed still frolicsome -- ..........."

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/actualfreedom/message/10780

Richard (Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:40 pm): "And this means every single one of you who have played a part in
driving/promoting/supporting this bizarre campaign.
Put simply: your highly-prized and much-touted empathy (not
to even mention compassion) sucks ... and sucks big time.
You have all shown me your true colours."

Apparently, the post I made at Actual Freedom Yahoo Group highlighting Richards manic depressive behavior has been deleted by someone.

Breadcrumb