Dissolution and productivity

thumbnail
Simon T, modified 11 Years ago at 5/23/12 4:22 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 5/22/12 12:29 PM

Dissolution and productivity

I'm now in dissolution and things are a bit challenging. Having ADHD-Inattentive type, I have been in very similar spot before, so much that I wonder if the two aren't related.

While in the A&P stage my mind would be bombarding me with thoughts of all sort, now it's much more quiet. One problem now is that thoughts aren't accompagnied with suffering like during the A&P stage so they are much more sneaky. Even if I have pretty good skills at pretending to work, I need to keep things going. The other problem is that I feel like a complete moron who doesn't know what he is supposed to do. Productive thoughts and action don't arise.

Do you have any tips to remain functionnal in dissolution? Are the others dukkha nanas as problematic for productivity?

I do get to experience terror once in a while. No mistake possible. I will try to put through this during formal practice as much as I can.
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 11 Years ago at 5/22/12 5:27 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 5/22/12 5:27 PM

RE: Dissolution and productivity

I ended up taking the afternoon off to practice and I will intensify my for the weeks coming. It seems that I lost some momentum I had after crossing the A&P a few days ago. It wasn't the first time I crossed it but but this time enough reprogramming happened in my brain to leave me stable in dissolution. All the tension I had before the A&P disappeared instantly. I had good momentum and I experienced terror quite a few time, especially when things get weird visually.

It seems that there is three modes to dissolution:
In the first mode things feel pretty normal except that I'm lost in my thoughts a lot.
In the second mode, my mind is very quiet and I feel embedded in my environment. I feel heavy and has no wish to move.
In the third mode, I start to have all kind of weird phenomena, vibrations, distortion, foggy vision, etc. This mode open the door to fearful events.

I do everything to remain aware as much as possible. In MCTB, Daniel says that it get harder to sit for long period of time during dissolution but my sitting time is still pretty good. I get to stabilize in some jhana after some time so it helps.

In this post (http://dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/discussion/-/message_boards/message/155171) Daniel give some instruction on how to deal with the dark night. He recommend to not getting too tense. It can be hard sometimes in dissolution to follow this advice since we get lost in thoughts so easily before getting into a jhana, or even when getting into one. I guess some moderation and occasional tension cannot hurt...