Introduction to The Head Center meditation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sYcq4_G7z0

Description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88JUoa3B27o&feature=g-user-u
thumbnail
fivebells , modified 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 8:38 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 8:38 PM

RE: The Head Center

That had lots of valuable insight. Is there another section where he talks about the practice of relaxing it?
Change A, modified 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 9:53 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 9:53 PM

The first link is where he is talking about the practice of relaxing the "head center" (as in energy). But if it wasn't enough and you want to relax the "physical head", then there are few more movement exercises and massage exercises that are given in the book "Tibetan Relaxation - Kum Nye Massage and Movement" by Tarthang Tulku (teacher of Arnaud Maitland who is in the videos).

Kum Nye (having learned about it from two books by Tarthang Tulku and videos by Arnaud Maitland) has been very helpful to me in the reduction of suffering to a significant level where all else had either minimal effect or took too long to take effect.

I have also noticed that it can be difficult to pinpoint as to the source of tension when it comes to "energy" in the same way it is difficult to pinpoint which tooth has pain. So you might want to check out other "centers" rather than just the "head center" (check out the ekumnye channel on youtube and you will find throat center, navel center, heart center videos there).
thumbnail
fivebells , modified 11 Years ago at 6/11/12 9:18 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/11/12 9:18 AM

Oh, I only watched the first video in the link. Just watched the second one. It contains the description of the practice. Thanks, very interesting.

Breadcrumb