Upcoming book, and video teachings

Fred H Meyer, modified 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 5:16 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 5:16 PM

Upcoming book, and video teachings

Hello everyone,

My name is Fred H. Meyer, MD. I'm an author and spiritual teacher living in Fort Collins, CO.

I'd like to alert The Dharma Overground to my forthcoming book, Don’t Give Up Until You Do: From Mindfulness to Realization on the Buddhist Path, due out August 8th from Llewellyn Publications.

I have also begun a series of video teachings on the experience of the true nature of mind. I hope you will find them interesting, and of benefit. The first four of these videos are available on my website, at fredhmeyermd.com/videos.

Yours in the Dharma,
Fred H. Meyer, MD
thumbnail
Jake , modified 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 6:53 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 6:53 PM

RE: Upcoming book, and video teachings

Hi Fred emoticon Welcome

I took a quick look at your site and it looks interesting. Hopefully you'll be willing to engage in dialogue with members of DhO around practice experiences and realization, as this (peer to peer sharing) is primarily the culture here.

It would be nice to have an advanced practitioner from a more Mahayana/Vajrayana background participating and sharing and engaging here, as although the dominant strains of dharma in this community are more along the Theravada lines, this is a pretty open community, committed to the open sharing of practical and experiential dharma aimed at realization, rather than experiences, and a different approach might be appreciated.

Thanks for sharing the link to your site.
Stian Gudmundsen Høiland, modified 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 10:52 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/10/12 10:52 PM

Second that.

And Fred, if I may humbly suggest so; try to improve the audio on those videos - it sounded quite bad to me. I know Tommy M. here on the forum is pretty wiz with audio processing. He could possibly help you out with that emoticon
Fred H Meyer, modified 11 Years ago at 6/13/12 1:19 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/13/12 1:19 PM

Hello Jake and Stian,

Thank you for your posts. I have never found myself of much help in the back-and-forth of online Dharma discussions, so I probably will not do much of that. But if you do have any thoughts on my videos I would appreciate hearing them.

Stian, thank you for the input on the sound quality. I haven't upgraded my hardware, but in more recent videos I've begun to speak more loudly.

Best wishes,
Fred H. Meyer, MD
thumbnail
Tommy M, modified 11 Years ago at 6/14/12 3:18 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/14/12 3:18 AM

I haven't upgraded my hardware, but in more recent videos I've begun to speak more loudly.

If it would be helpful to you, I'd be happy to do some cleanup and mastering on your audio to improve quality and clarity? File size isn't an issue as I can provide you with the completed tracks in whatever format would make them more easily streamed, but while maintaining a decent quality of audio.

Breadcrumb