Flashes of Pleasure, Feelings of Release

thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 11 Years ago at 6/14/12 2:09 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/14/12 2:07 PM

Flashes of Pleasure, Feelings of Release

Can anyone relate to this experience?

Often when lying down to sleep I feel my mind speed up for a while, the ultra-fine vibratory tingling in the body becomes very fast/fine also then there is a burst of pleasure/joy/wellness and I feel like Im done, and can sleep.

Sounds a bit sexual, but it's not emoticon

Last time this happened these bursts came on like 4 or 5 times with maybe a minute or 2 in-between.

The obvious diagnoses is that Im simply cycling through the A&P (i have been a DN yogi since around April last year) but this is not how I experience the A&P when sitting. In a sit, I rarely get the whooshes and fun stuff anymore. If I do, it's very very mild. These things on the other hand are quite dramatic in a pleasing, gentle way. A fuller experience of the A&P due to relaxation/not-trying?

Just wondering if anyone recognises this from their own practice experience?
Russell , modified 11 Years ago at 6/14/12 2:18 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/14/12 2:18 PM

RE: Flashes of Pleasure, Feelings of Release

You noticing any discontinuity? You sure you didnt recently get path? Cycling like that is what happens to me after path.
thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 11 Years ago at 6/14/12 3:49 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/14/12 3:49 PM

Hi Russell,

I've pretty much discounted that idea due to the ferocity of my DN right now. I am edging back up into EQ recently but it's been pretty hellish for some months since my last EQ experiences. There are a few clues that may point in that direction (like these flashes) but I have no noticeable discontinuities either so I don't think that's it.
thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 2:40 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 2:40 AM

Update:

I paid really close attention last night when this happened. Noticed A&P, DN, then EQ then whoosh! BUT not discontinuity before the whoosh that I could discern. AND, if it was a fruition, why the horrendous DN right now?

It makes little sense. (well, that at least is nothing new! heh!)
Russell , modified 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 9:14 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 8:10 AM

What does whoosh mean? Does it feel like you jumped back down to A&P again?

Also, What does horrendous DN mean in terms of how you feel. After I got 1st path I was pretty destabilized and had TONS of anxiety. Took a week or 2 to settle.
thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 9:40 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 9:40 AM

hehe, no sorry! That's was a particularly poor description even for me...

By "whoosh" i meant the pleasure-wave/joy-wave/wellness-wave thing that I originally described. Having said that, after this has happened it does seem to reset and start again.

A good but as yet incomplete example: I've had a rotten headache since ending my morning meditation in reobservation today. I lay down on the sofa for a bit and I do nothing but breath (in my current practice I only have to think about meditating and the mind inclines to jhana, this does not happen in this scenario) and i feel the mind and body sensations speed up - it starts well but then there is clearly DN stuff. shortly after the headache goes and EQ sets in (higher speed vibrations, bit of background excitement/anticipation) but due to an extraordinary number of unavoidable distractions it does not complete this time.

in previous episodes it would have ended with a a "wave" and all would be well again.

I need to pay even closer attention to this but may not get the chance till bedtime - we've got guests which makes it hard to get time to sit.
Russell , modified 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 11:25 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 11:25 AM

I would at least keep it as a theory that you may have gotten path. Sounds like Review to me, but even though I have been through it a couple of times, I am not experienced enough to diagnose you. Anyone want to chime in here?

Breadcrumb