Essence of Savitri, of Sri Aurobindo

thumbnail
D Justine J, modified 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 2:21 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/15/12 2:20 AM

Essence of Savitri, of Sri Aurobindo

Dear All,

I was always fascinated to the writings of Sri Aurobindo. He was a Bengali Indian, Ex.ICS candidate in England, a freedom fighter, a poet, Maha Yogi, and the founder of Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry, India. His book, LIFE DIVINE as Aurobindo himself said, is FULL OF WINE. His Savitri, an Epic Poem in blank verse is a treasure house, a gold mine, gold nuggets, for the spiritually thirsty ones. When I was in my teens and the twenties, I read Life Divine, and Savitri, hundreds and hundreds of times, resultantly, I was gifted to have my Kundalini energy blossom in Full. For my readers' pleasure, I condensed 700 pages of Savitri, in 20 lines, as follows.

ESSENCE OF SAVITRI of Sri Aurobindo

Hardly a soul and body here are born
In the fierce difficult movement of the stars,
Whose life can keep the paradisal note.

While there, one is one's own Infinity.
His centre was no more in earthly mind.

A constant lodging in the Eternal's realm,
A safety in the Silence and the Ray.

There the eyes gazed no more on beauty's shape.

..where few dare even to rise;
Far voices call down from the dizzy rocks,
Chill, slippery, precipitous are the path

All passes here, nothing remains the same,
None is for any on this transient globe.

Love dies before the lover in our breast.

Who willed to form or feign a Universe
In the cold and endless emptiness of space?

Soul we feel is only a dream
Eternal self a fiction.

The Eternal suffers in a human form.

The great are strongest when they stand alone.

Regards,

Justine
thumbnail
Tommy M, modified 11 Years ago at 6/17/12 4:29 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/17/12 4:29 PM

RE: Essence of Savitri, of Sri Aurobindo

Hiya Justine,

Interesting post, I wasn't familiar with Sri Aurobindo or his writings. What do you make of the AFT's comments against Aurobindo Ghose, such as the quote below:

http://www.actualfreedom.com.au/actualism/vineeto/selected-correspondence/corr-livingtogether2.htm:
RESPONDENT: Like people judging the whole Christian civilization only from the Inquisition, the Opus Dei and the Borgia popes. I mention Ramana, Nisargadatta and Aurobindo and you reply with the ‘enlightened Ones Rajneesh, Da Free John and John deRuiter’. Please be honest enough to consider they don’t play in the same category. Please be honest to acknowledge you use caricatures.

VINEETO: Why do you think that Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta Maharaj and Aurobindo Ghoose (sic) don’t play in the same category as Mohan Rajneesh, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Franklin Jones and John deRuiter’? Are they not all declaring themselves to be enlightened and are they not all offering their teaching as the solution to a suffering mankind? Do you think there is ‘good’ Enlightenment and ‘bad’ Enlightenment? Usually people have one or several pet gurus and a particular pet teaching, which is, of course, ‘better than everybody else’s belief’ in the typical competitive style common to all beliefs.

However, in order to investigate what those teachings have practically contributed to peace on earth, one needs to step back and look at the whole guru business per se. Upon honest inquiry you will find that no spiritual master has ever lived in peace, harmony, equity and parity with a woman and no Goddess has ever lived in peace, harmony, equity and parity with a man because of the holier-than-thou nature of Enlightenment itself. The companion of a master, if He or She chooses to have one, will always be a devoted disciple and willing servant, humbling and belittling themselves to earn shares in good karma by serving and pleasing God’s latest representative or God’s latest incarnation.

I am not using particular ‘caricatures’ but well-known teachers – or do you consider Jiddu Krishnamurti being a caricature as opposed to ‘Beedi Baba’ as Nisagadatta used to be called? It seems to me that you are stretching your case a bit thin here. However, if you investigate the Holy Men’s and Women’s lives you will become shockingly aware that living in peace and harmony with a partner is not even on their spiritual agenda – it is not part of God’s message, it is part of the ‘Maya’ that has to be transcended. The very principle of Eastern spiritual teaching is rotten to the core – every enlightened teacher is a caricature of a mythical non-existent God as in ‘an exaggerated or debased imitation or version (of), naturally or unintentionally ludicrous’ Oxford Dictionary. To say that some are better than others is to defend the indefensible.

Of course, at first, it is an enormous blow to one’s pride to have bet on the wrong horse, but then again, to be spiritual has been the only alternative so far to being normal. Now that there is a third alternative available, anyone who is willing can put God and his/her mind-numbing devotion for God’s Go-Betweens into the dustbin where they belong and get on with the business of becoming free from malice and sorrow.

It is so good to be free from spiritual belief. Not just Rajneeshism, but free from all spiritual belief – all belief in any God by whatever name, in life after death, in good and evil spirits or in the supposedly theomorphic nature of our planet. This freedom from all spiritual belief gives one dignity for the first time in one’s life.

I only ask out of curiosity as it seems Richard takes issue with people who quote or reference non-AFT sources, particularly "spiritual" sources, after having claimed AF; a friend of mine states that you are one of the only people who's claims of Actual Freedom he accepts as true, the others being apparently mistaken or misled, so I was wondering what led to you posting this?

By the way, I'll point out right now that I actually agree with a lot of what's said on the AFT with regards to so-called "enlightened masters" and all that sort of nonsense. I'm asking about this in particular as I'm interested in how someone who is actually free reads and interprets these sorts of texts now.

Cheers!
thumbnail
D Justine J, modified 11 Years ago at 7/12/12 7:15 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/12/12 7:15 AM

I only ask out of curiosity as it seems Richard takes issue with people who quote or reference non-AFT sources, particularly "spiritual" sources, after having claimed AF; a friend of mine states that you are one of the only people who's claims of Actual Freedom he accepts as true, the others being apparently mistaken or misled, so I was wondering what led to you posting this?

Hi Tommy,

Just now, almost after a month, I casually saw this query from you. Somehow I had missed to open this mail from your kind self. That's OK. I am pleased to answer now. When I quote something from the spiritual sources, I only quote that I find in which some insight of AF that particular person has unconsciously perceived. For instance, the verses I have quoted here from Savitri, very much reveals the author's vision of AF insight. I always believe, many people went to the edge of AF in the past, but got nervous to go further. I find only Richard had the guts to go to the depth of it, experiment with it, live it, and kept quiet for 5 more years, and only by the instigation of his second wife, he came forward to share it with the public. AF exists all along the human history. But it was fully discovered and revealed to the world, only by Richard, and by nobody else. Even the trace of AF none dared to reveal. And Richard trusts my readings and researches, and he has personally met me for 9 days in India, tested me, in my own house, and he feels sure that my observations are mostly in line with his discovery. And I am still working hard to reach 'Richard's Place', which is bit arduous, but he is always encouraging me that I will do that very soon.

Thanks for your overall interest in me, and your timely encouragements even by last week when I published my 'Justine's Thoughts on Actual Freedom'. I wrote, your words were tonic to me.

Really sorry for such a delayed reply.

Regards,

Justine
thumbnail
Tommy M, modified 11 Years ago at 7/12/12 12:45 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/12/12 12:45 PM

Hi Justine,

I just thought you were probably busy with other stuff, there's no need to apologize and I appreciate that you've taken the time to reply. Your honesty and sincerity is always a joy, and, much as we may disagree on the uniqueness of Richard's "discovery", you're a wonderful example of what it means to be mutually respectful of what others are doing; for that alone, I'm grateful.

All the best,
Tommy
thumbnail
D Justine J, modified 11 Years ago at 7/12/12 7:22 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/12/12 7:22 PM

Tommy M:
Hi Justine,

I just thought you were probably busy with other stuff, there's no need to apologize and I appreciate that you've taken the time to reply. Your honesty and sincerity is always a joy, and, much as we may disagree on the uniqueness of Richard's "discovery", you're a wonderful example of what it means to be mutually respectful of what others are doing; for that alone, I'm grateful.

All the best,
Tommy

OK, Tommy.

Breadcrumb