Chopra

Robert McLune, modified 11 Years ago at 10/6/12 3:42 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 10/6/12 3:40 PM

Chopra

I noted in a recent thread, on referring to a video featuring Deepak Chopra, that:

[indent]"I cannot stress how much of a change it represents in me, that I would *ever* cite Deepak Chopra except to call him an idiot."[/indent]
Well on finishing that video, my interest was sufficiently piqued to watch another, this time simply about him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtsTTjkWmQ

I have to say, I think I've simply got the guy all wrong. Of course, I deserve it, because my judgements were all gut feel and based on hearsay, and not on any direct view of his work. The one time I did listen to him was when he met Richard Dawkins and Dawkins was asking about the use of "quantum" in the context of healing. It was part of Dawkins's "Enemies of Reasons" film. To my surprise, although I'm a fan of Dawkins and much (but not all) of what he says, I found myself siding with Chopra at that point. But that was pre much of my investigations of Buddhism. So although I found myself having sympathy for Chopra, I couldn't have told you why.

Now I hear more of what he has to say, and more about him as a guy, I'm tending to a more positive view overall. Deepak, you're OK dude.