Book: "The Way of Chuang Tzu"

mind less, modified 11 Years ago at 10/25/12 12:14 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 10/16/12 8:00 AM

Book: "The Way of Chuang Tzu"

The book "The Way of Chuang Tzu" is one of the best 'Dharma' books I've ever read. Many of you have probably heard of the philosopher who dreamt that he was a butterfly, but when he woke up he couldn't decide if that was the case, or if he was a butterfly dreaming that he was a philosopher. That philosopher (or butterfly?) was Chuang Tzu. The book was compiled by the interfaith catholic mystic Thomas Merton from several translations. It consists of a good study guide in the beginning, followed by Merton's interpretation of Chuang Tzu's writings, in the form of what I would call 'free verse poems'. Preface by Dalai Lama.

It's even more zen then zen emoticon, which was strongly influenced by Chuang Tzu and taoist thought in general. In a Dharma perspective the book pinpoints "right effort", "right living" and "right action" in a beautiful way. Reading it has improved both my practice and my everyday life. Read it!

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Chuang-Tzu-Second/dp/0811218511/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1350388195&sr=1-1&keywords=0811218511

Breadcrumb